sam adams on sirius

East Brady

Ummm...  as much as everyone beats up on Drew, he was at least smart enough to audible if he saw something bad.  Not sure JP or KH ever switched plays at the line this year.

565468[/snapback]

If you're really "not sure" about that, then your eyes for the game just went out the window with Mularkey. I saw no less than 15 audibles from JP in the Panther game alone. The cinci crowd was also nice enough to allow many audibles from KH in that game. :w00t:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Drew had been behind this O-line we would still be scraping little pieces of him off the turf.

...Little wooden pieces.

565903[/snapback]

Yeah, just like when we went 9-7.

Besides, ANY above average QB would've taken us to the playoffs this year. I did mention Brad Johnson earlier in the thread.

But apparantly nobody is allowed to have an opinion other than "OF COURSE WE WOULDN'T GET TO THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR IDIOT!" Whatever. :w00t:

CW

Besides, ANY above average QB would've taken us to the playoffs this year.  I did mention Brad Johnson earlier in the thread.

But apparantly nobody is allowed to have an opinion other than "OF COURSE WE WOULDN'T GET TO THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR IDIOT!"  Whatever. :w00t:

CW

565910[/snapback]

You can have an opinion, in this case, it's a crazy one.

QB was far from the biggest reason we missed the playoffs.

This defense folded every chance it got, and our running game and pass protection was non existant for the most part.

Don't even make me bring up the play-calling.

Drew couldn't take a much better team, with a much better coach, to the play-offs this year.

I know you love him, but you're becoming borderline obsessed/crazy.

P.S.- You have never been/ or will be considered an idiot. I just think your passion is clouding your vision, on this topic.

What about signing Maake Kemoeatu or Grady Jackson in March ? Both are true 2 gappers. Keep Adams in addition and the DT shortage is gone.

Cut Edwards. That experiment is played.

565730[/snapback]

On Edwards- he's a viable backup one-gap DT, nothing more. At the league mini he's OK off the bench in a rotation, especially as a third down DT due to his decent foot speed upfield.

Grady has seemed on his last legs for about the past three seasons, at some point (like now) that prediction will be more true than false.

I haven't watched the Ravens at all this year but I hear Kemoeatu may be hitting his stride at the job out of a 2 technique set. He seems strong enough to play a 0 or a 2 technique and that's the kind of flexibility that would really give a new DC a jump start (hybrid 3-4 with 2 DTs) , plus allow us to focus back to bringing in a good SOLB instead of another DT to add to a rotation of Adams, Kemoeatu, Anderson and Edwards.

You can have an opinion,  in this case,  it's a crazy one.

QB was far from the biggest reason we missed the playoffs.

This defense folded every chance it got,  and our running game and pass protection was non existant for the most part. 

Don't even make me bring up the play-calling.

Drew couldn't take a much better team,  with a much better coach,  to the play-offs this year. 

I know you love him,  but you're becoming borderline obsessed/crazy.

P.S.-  You have never been/ or will be considered an idiot.  I just think your passion is clouding your vision,  on this topic.

565921[/snapback]

Two games we lost, we only allowed 19 points. Another game we lost, we only allowed 13 (and that team plays again this week...). Another game we lost by 1 point, and another game we lost by 4. That's *5* games that were very VERY winnable, which would've given us a 10-win season. I'd hardly say that's the defense folding every chance it got. We just got spoiled by only allowing 5 yards of offense against Cleveland last year (or however many it was :doh: ).

Our running game netted us the 10th best RB in the league, so it was hardly nonexistant as well. Inconsistant, yes, but that happens when you have a crappy line and can't throw the ball more than 2 yards downfield.

Our pass protection was about the same as it was last year (and about as bad as it's been for nearly a decade), and yet we did win 9 games last year, and 8 games three years ago.

So why is it crazy to think that we would've had a shot at the playoffs with him (or, as I keep saying, someone above-average like Brad Johnson) at QB? New England was ripe for the picking this year, and we blew it.

Drew couldn't take a much better team,  with a much better coach,  to the play-offs this year. 

You forgot to add "In a much better division." And again, 9 wins in that much better division. (we played 5 playoff games, they played 7; we obviously had a far easier schedule).

On the bright side, we probably have no shot at the playoffs next year, so we can play JPL all season.... :pirate:

CW

Sam's wrong. We wouldn't be in the playoffs with Drew.

BUT...

It is more evidence that the players do not or did not support JP Losman this year.

566139[/snapback]

was he serious

i'm not sure that it is that.....adams was once a rookie and has seen rookies before........maybe it's a knock on holcomb, or both holcomb and losman....or just praise for drew