Want to turn this team around?

Not a very good HC but as a cord.  He will do wonders here in Buffalo!

I know MM and him are friends.  Hope something plays out on that one...

I dont want to see another Pittsburgh guy here but Dom is a OUTSTANDING cord!

Get him Marv!

559921[/snapback]

if he's willing to work with a 4-3 i think it would be a positive move........if he wants a 3-4 he can go elsewhere........

if he's willing to work with a 4-3 i think it would be a positive move........if he wants a 3-4 he can go elsewhere........

559938[/snapback]

Why? Because the 4-3 worked so well for us last season? If we get Capers he can do what he thinks is best as far as I'm concerned.

Why? Because the 4-3 worked so well for us last season? If we get Capers he can do what he thinks is best as far as I'm concerned.

560127[/snapback]

we do not have the personnel to run a 3-4......i'm not interested in spending the 2-3 years necessary to mould the personnel into a new defense......we have 4-3 people and we should run a 4-3 base........

we do not have the personnel to run a 3-4......i'm not interested in spending the 2-3 years necessary to mould the personnel into a new defense......we have 4-3 people and we should run a 4-3 base........

560168[/snapback]

Took tuna until this season (his third) to move Dallas to a 3-4, what you say is true. He lived with a 4/3 until he was able to get personnel suited to the 3/4 and they still had problems.

559938[/snapback]

everybody says we dont have the personal for a 3-4 but with the improvement of angelo crowell this season and if spikes comes back ok we would have enough quality linebackers to play it.sam adams can be the nose tackle and we do not even know who we are drafting yet.a aj hawk might be had or ngata so we can do a 3-4 again..with that saisd we could do well with dom capers,ted cottrell and even jim haslett as defensive coordinators.

everybody says we dont have the personal for a 3-4 but with the improvement of angelo crowell this season and if spikes comes back ok we would have enough quality linebackers to play it.sam adams can be the nose tackle and we do not even know who we are drafting yet.a aj hawk might be had or ngata so we can do a 3-4 again..with that saisd we could do well with dom capers,ted cottrell and even jim haslett as defensive coordinators.

560250[/snapback]

i disagree that sam fits a 3-4 scheme at this point in his career.......to much of a load on him and he doesn't want to tie up blockers, he wants to rush the passer.......

and what do you do with schobel and kelsey? neither fits the scheme and one of those guys has a big contract that is tough to unload......

much easier to stick with what you know.....

560250[/snapback]

The problem personnel wise is not only the need for depth at LB (a maybe for us though folks will whine a lot as this probably means keeping Posey) but the primary issue is the absence of a reliable run stuffer like Big Ted and a good back-up who can come in when you run the 4-3 package as the young Phat Pat did for Big Ted.

We are already short at DT and Sam Adams may be gone after this year. Even if Sam stays (he deserved the Pro Bowl honor he got just last year) his style is not to be the stay at home run stuffer you need in a 3-4 but instead to use his incredibly quick first step to penetrate the backfield.

LB is a an "issue" if we switch to a 4-3, but DT is a "problem" due to the personnel we have.