if td had traded???

JAMIEBUF12

if td had traded travis henry to arizona for lj shelton instead of fleecing the titans for a #3 pick in the draft.do you think our line would have been better this past season??? and on the same note if td had picked up cory simon instead of indy would that of made a difference on our 3rd down run defense?..............the reason i bring this up is because these looked like very do able things to improve the team.the only bad part is then maybe we wouldnt of had the money for terrance mcgee and aaron schobel.it just seems that late into training camp to be able to improve your team like that i think those two moves could have maybe been the difference in 3-4 wins this year.

if td had traded travis henry to arizona for lj shelton instead of fleecing the titans for a #3 pick in the draft.do you think our line would have been better this past season???    and on the same note if td had picked up cory simon instead of indy would that of made a difference on our 3rd down run defense?..............the reason i bring this up is because these looked like very do able things to improve the team.the only bad part is then maybe we wouldnt of had the money for terrance mcgee and aaron schobel.it just seems that late into training camp to be able to improve your team like that i think those two moves could have maybe been the difference in 3-4 wins this year.

559537[/snapback]

i would rather have a 3rd round tackle instead of shelton, i think he's another mike williams. And simon wouldnt have helped because he comes out of the games on run downs, hes a rush DT. At least he did in philly, and sam rayburn came in

I heard that Shelton had a very good year

559797[/snapback]

He did. He did have a motivation problem, but remember he is a former 1st rounder, and kept Davis out of the LT spot. So much as he was maligned and unmotivated he was still Arizonas best Olineman, not that it say much. He is a very good run blocker who struggles with speed rushers. So while he does good in most games he would need TE/FB help against guys like Freeney.

I also think getting cut, remotivted him, and he proved to be real good in Cleveland looking for a big payoffs this year. I guess will find out what the experts think based on his contract numbers next year since he signed a 1 year contract at about a million, just to show off.

He did.  He did have a motivation problem, but remember he is a former 1st rounder, and kept Davis out of the LT spot.  So much as he was maligned and unmotivated he was still Arizonas best Olineman, not that it say much.  He is a very good run blocker who struggles with speed rushers.  So while he does good in most games he would need TE/FB help against guys like Freeney. 

I also think getting cut, remotivted him, and he proved to be real good in Cleveland looking for a big payoffs this year.  I guess will find out what the experts think based on his contract numbers next year since he signed a 1 year contract at about a million, just to show off.

It will be interesting to see how much he gets in his next contract. For a 1-year, $1+M contract, he played well. But most players will play well in a contract year, and trading for him when he had a $3M salary would have been a bad move.

It will be interesting to see how much he gets in his next contract.  For a 1-year, $1+M contract, he played well.  But most players will play well in a contract year, and trading for him when he had a $3M salary would have been a bad move.

560057[/snapback]

I agree that if we traded we would have had to lower that hit. I suspect he'll get 2.5-3 this year.

There was no point in giving up the Henry rights for Shelton, because Shelton was released anyway. If we wanted, we could have had both the 3rd round draft pick from the Titans and Shelton.

Personally, I would have offered Clements and Henry as a package in exchange for the Cardinals' first round pick. The Cards had needs at both CB and RB, so they'd be killing two birds with one stone.

Then I would have traded down, and used the first round pick to take Matt Jones as a replacement for Eric Moulds. The second round pick I'd have gotten from trading down could have been used on an OL.

I agree that if we traded we would have had to lower that hit.

Well the problem is that the $3M average salary is the starting point, so likely if anything happens, it's a restructuring of his deal, giving him probably a $3-4M signing bonus and lowering his base salaries, meaning he's still being paid about $3M/year. And there would have been no incentive to work harder. With him getting cut, accepting a 1-year cheap deal, he DOES have the incentive. So it's caveat emptor for his next team.