For all those ppl busting my

VIPP

my balls about bring in some tier 2 free agents....get a life!!

Your living in a fantasy world if you think the bills will pick up the top OT, top OG, top C, top DE, and top WR available in free agency. Its HIGHLY unlikely especially since the year of the cap, the best you can do is bring in 1 maybe 2 top FA's and get a bunch of other solid replacements.

Some ppl were saying that all the bills do is bring in tier 2 free agents...and your right, that is what we do..and that is also what the rest of the league does.

If you want to build a team, you do it through the great drafting, solid off season acquisitions, and GREAT coaching.

The Tampa bay bucs won a championship with a journeyman QB, a weak RB(pittman) and a nice fullback, a possession WR, and a makeshift O-line (kenyatta walker n oben come to mind)... The d was good for years, but wen this team traded away a LOT of picks to the Raiders for gruden the team was left with no option but to get the talent via free agency and it wasn't ALL PRO's that they were signing! Simple, coachable, smart players that won't blow up the stat's sheet, but do the little things.

Take a look at the Patriots.. whenever they get a player who thinks he is 'bigger' than the system, or when he feels he could get more money elsewhere the pats let em GO!!

EX. Damien Woody- a great centre, had some injury problems, but got a lot more money elsewhere, and the pats let him go

*their entire left side of the Oline are rookies and if you watched the game last NIGHT they played GREAT...the tackle from Toledo was taken in the 3rd round DAMMIT and the guard was taken with their first overall pick.

*their secondary with the exception of the ONE star player (Harrison) who by the way is injured!! is comprised of late round draft picks...eugene wilson, Asante Samuel...lol, find me one GM who had them listed as early round selection. Other than Brady and a couple of defensive finds (harrison, Seymour, i'm missing 1 more stud)...who are his wideouts and why do they get so WIDE open???

*Question, David patten was lighting up opposing secondaries while he was with the pats...he goes to the redskins...and now he's holding a clipboard!! U tell me the problem?

You all need to realize that you don't need the TOP players to win in this league...what you need is GREAT coaching, a system thats SUITS your talent and achieves the maximum results from your starters/reserves. And lastly, FOOTBALL players...not the fastest, not the strongest...but a thinking mans players...a player that gets the most out of his talents...leadership, and a motor...that's it folks...

The pats have BEEN doing this year in and year out...recouping their losses in the draft and signing...oh my...dare i say it...TIER 2 FREE AGENTS...and when the franchise player needs to get resigned ala, TOM 'don't call me V.I.P, i'm M.V.P' BRADY you sign him!!

Its really that simple folks....go out and over pay for those start players and see what happens when ur stud goes down via an injury...see what you got to plug that hole!! Kris Farris...lol...Pucillo...lol...lawrence smith...

*Question, David patten was lighting up opposing secondaries while he was with the pats...he goes to the redskins...and now he's holding a clipboard!! U tell me the problem?

559025[/snapback]

So Bellicheck is a better offensive mind than Joe Gibbs? :unsure:

I don't know why everybody who posts on a message board is convinced that players have zero accountability and coaching wins/loses every game. It's the F-ing players.

Also, I am of the opinion that 2000-2002 was the dark ages of the NFL, just that nobody realizes it. Anybody who tries to model their club after these teams will fail, because none of those teams were that good. Not the Ravens with the worst championship offense ever. Tennessee was probably the best team that year, but unfortunately for them Steve McNair did not become really good until Eddie George was washed up. The Patriots were average on both sides of the ball and needed all the fluke luck in the world, and not the Bucs who as you pointed out - had an average QB, no OL, and no RB. Really, all of these teams benefited from the era they played in and they'd all get destroyed by the '96 Packers, '98 Broncos, or the modern day Patriots, or this year's Colts.

my balls about bring in some tier 2 free agents....get a life!!

559025[/snapback]

First of all this shouldn't have been posted as a new thread. You should've kept it under you're crazy little "Fixing the Bills problem is SIMPLE" thread. No need to draw more attention to your crazy ideas.

If you want to build a team, you do it through the great drafting, solid off season acquisitions, and GREAT coaching.

559025[/snapback]

Exactly what we don't have. What's your point? I thought fixing the Bills was problem was SIMPLE.

*their entire left side of the Oline are rookies and if you watched the game last NIGHT they played GREAT...the tackle from Toledo was taken in the 3rd round DAMMIT and the guard was taken with their first overall pick.

*their secondary with the exception of the ONE star player (Harrison) who by the way is injured!! is comprised of late round draft picks...eugene wilson, Asante Samuel...lol, find me one GM who had them listed as early round selection. Other than Brady and a couple of defensive finds (harrison, Seymour, i'm missing 1 more stud)...who are his wideouts and why do they get so WIDE open???

559025[/snapback]

As if we haven't seen the Patriots credentials a million times. I'm trying to figure out where you are going with this seeing as how we don't have Bill Bellicheck as a coach of ours or that Scott P. fellow who does a great job with finding talent for the Patsies.

Its really that simple folks....go out and over pay for those start players and see what happens when ur stud goes down via an injury...see what you got to plug that hole!! Kris Farris...lol...Pucillo...lol...lawrence smith...

559025[/snapback]

What is so simple?! Is your suggestion trading our entire time for BB? You indicated the formula was GREAT drafting (as if that's even possible from year to year), solid off-season acquisitions (injuries often distort what was and wasn't a great pick-up) and GREAT coaching (as if we're even close to having that). You say it's that simple. Even though your definition of simple in your last thread was picking up a ton of second-tier free agents. So which is it? This last paragraph is an example of how confused you appear to be.

*their secondary with the exception of the ONE star player (Harrison) who by the way is injured!! is comprised of late round draft picks...eugene wilson, Asante Samuel...lol, find me one GM who had them listed as early round selection.

559025[/snapback]

Thats wrong also, Eugene Wilson was a 2nd round pick, thats right, 2nd. And Samuel was a 4th round pick. Unless the draft is only 5 rounds long, you tell me how those are late round picks.