UB basketball: can it be the new "Braves?"

People forget that Buffalo was quite a good basketball town when the Braves still played. WIth all due respect to the rickety Buffalo Rapids, I think if UB continues to play well, maybe making the NCAA's, The city will start to get interested, maybe to the point where they could fill HSBC for games. Their schedule is missing any glamour opponents this year, but maybe in future seasons, UB can bring in a name school for a big arena game.

Above all, I hope the school relaizes what they have in Reggie Witherspoon and signs him to a long and fat contract.

PTR

People forget that Buffalo was quite a good basketball town when the Braves still played.  WIth all due respect to the rickety Buffalo Rapids, I think if UB continues to play well, maybe making the NCAA's, The city will start to get interested, maybe to the point where they could fill HSBC for games.  Their schedule is missing any glamour opponents this year, but maybe in future seasons, UB can bring in a name school for a big arena game.

Above all, I hope the school relaizes what they have in Reggie Witherspoon and signs him to a long and fat contract.

PTR

557982[/snapback]

It's an idea the school should be pondering now. As for Reggie, they beat you to the punch. They locked him up with a good deal for many years to come before last season I believe. Reggie also stated that it's his desire is to never leave Buffalo and build UB into a Top 25 program. They're hovering around 35 now so he's almost there.