Levy Has the Right

Casey D

Set aside who Levy is and his age and think about this:

Imagine the Bills just went out and hired a 50 year old who had worked intimately with the Bill Belichick of GMs--Bill Polian. He also worked intimately with John Butler and A.J. Smith, and was intimately involved with building SB teams.

We would all be fawning over a guy with such a pedigree, just like we drool at the thought of a head coach from the Parcells/Belichick tree, like Nick Saban and Charlie Weis. Coming from the Polian tree is the next best thing to Polian himself.

Add that to Marv's commitment to character players. When you look at teams like NE, and I daresay the new Sabres, you see a selfless collection of players that play as a team. They weather injuries and other storms in amazing fashion--why, not because of talent or merely coaching, but character.

A lack of character shows in folding when the pressure is on, finding a way to lose. I would submit that while the Bills need more talent--along the lines in particular--what they need even more is character and heart. Levy has those traits in abundance. If he can infuse that throughout the organization, I am confident we will have success. I see hiring Levy not as a blast of nostaglia, but finding the right man for the right job at the right time...CD

Set aside who Levy is and his age and think about this:

Imagine the Bills just went out and hired a 50 year old who had worked intimately with the Bill Belichick of GMs--Bill Polian.  He also worked intimately with John Butler and A.J. Smith, and was intimately involved with building SB teams.

We would all be fawning over a guy with such a pedigree, just like we drool at the thought of a head coach from the Parcells/Belichick tree, like Nick Saban and Charlie Weis.  Coming from the Polian tree is the next best thing to Polian himself.

Add that to Marv's commitment to character players.  When you look at teams like NE, and I daresay the new Sabres, you see a selfless collection of players that play as a team.  They weather injuries and other storms in amazing fashion--why, not because of talent or merely coaching, but character.

A lack of character shows in folding when the pressure is on, finding a way to lose.  I would submit that while the Bills need more talent--along the lines in particular--what they need even more is character and heart.  Levy has those traits in abundance.  If he can infuse that throughout the organization, I am confident we will have success.  I see hiring Levy not as a blast of nostaglia, but finding the right man for the right job at the right time...CD

556995[/snapback]

Good point !

I think bringing back Levy was an excellent move and his age doesn't concern me whatsoever. 

However, the thought of Polian, Butler, Smith and Levy working intimately does. : :w00t:

557247[/snapback]

Closely, but not in close proximity?