Are we too conservative on O?

So listening to the past couple of games has been frustrating - but I just had a thought that we may be being held back on O by our Defence.

They are so good that they constantly keep us in games with a shot to win. Now seeing this opportunity - the O play calling goes conservative to preserve the field position battle and to play the odds by never going for the big play.

We have lost twice by 3 points. If we went down by more would we see the O improve by taking shots at bigger plays????

Either way - this conservative, high completion, low risk O does not fill me (nor apparantly the O) with confidence - hence, we are losing games cos the O blows.

Our offense is defenseless against the blitz, and until that changes, there will be no big plays, no wins, no nothing.

Moulds is right. We should max protect and let the receivers try to make plays. That's the only way we'll block the blitz.

I don't mind the conservative West Coast offense approach but even those systems used a vertical passing game once in a while. 

Sadly, I don't think our "offensive" line permits such play calling.  :)

39540[/snapback]

Don't agree about the OL.

QBs can throw the ball 20 yards downfield with a 3 step drop, which would negzate the pass rush.

It's just that ours can't, because he has to wait until he sees the WR has 5 yards of separation - which isn't too often.

Our offense is defenseless against the blitz, and until that changes, there will be no big plays, no wins, no nothing. 

Moulds is right.  We should max protect and let the receivers try to make plays.  That's the only way we'll block the blitz.

39466[/snapback]

Exactly. Until the OL and the RBs can stop the blitz there will be no big

plays.....Our WRs are not getting out of the LoS quick enough and then

to make it worse they are dropping catches....