Delay used Disabled Children as cover

Mickey

If it was illegal, why was the finance guy who did it acquitted?

557470[/snapback]

Give me a !@#$ing break. You're a lawyer. You KNOW that it's entirely possible to be acquitted of an illegal act. You've probably accomplished just that for some of your clients.

A lawyer implying that an act isn't illegal if the one who does it is acquitted. Christ. You're so transparently trolling here, it's not even amusing.

Give me a !@#$ing break.  You're a lawyer.  You KNOW that it's entirely possible to be acquitted of an illegal act.  You've probably accomplished just that for some of your clients.

A lawyer implying that an act isn't illegal if the one who does it is acquitted.  Christ.  You're so transparently trolling here, it's not even amusing.

557479[/snapback]

I'm not a criminal lawyer so no, I've never achieved an acquittal for someone who is guilty.

Certainly, someone can win a criminal trial and still have done something illegal, I don't dispute that. However, the verdict does mean that a fair jury was drawn, at least as fair as the rules allow and I'll bet a lot more fair minded than the poster who pronounced the actions involved to have been illegal. It also means that well paid and well trained advocates presented all the evidence and marshalled all the arguements available to support their contentions. It does mean that a Judge explained the law to the jury that heard all that evidence, all those witnesses and all those arguments in detail before deliberating the case. It does mean that after all that, the jury decided that the defendant did not break the law as charged.

And on the other hand......

We have VABills' proclamation that what they did was illegal.

Hence my question to him, posed in the hope of forcing him to present some facts, some arguements as to why I should believe him and not the jury who heard the case first hand or to admit that he is talking out of his *.