Good to know RW still cares

jahnyc

I am not sure what is true and what is not, but some of the tidbits of information are very interesting. If RW really did push MM on the hiring of Roll to eventually replace Rusty Jones, then RW is much more aware of the current state of things than I suspected. Maybe Marv, who I think lives in Chicago (where Rusty ended up), helped with this. I also like that RW seems to be asking a lot questions. That is a good sign.

The only thing that does not make sense is retaining/elevating Modrak (or even that Modrak is interested in being GM under these circumstances). How does this guy escape any responsibility for the TD era?

I am not sure what is true and what is not, but some of the tidbits of information are very interesting.  If RW really did push MM on the hiring of Roll to eventually replace Rusty Jones, then RW is much more aware of the current state of things  than I suspected.  Maybe Marv, who I think lives in Chicago (where Rusty ended up), helped with this.  I also like that RW seems to be asking a lot questions.  That is a good sign.

The only thing that does not make sense is retaining/elevating Modrak (or even that Modrak is interested in being GM under these circumstances).  How does this guy escape any responsibility for the TD era?

551481[/snapback]

Because none of the moves- successful or otherwise were his. How does any guy promoted from within move up?

I am not sure what is true and what is not, but some of the tidbits of information are very interesting.  If RW really did push MM on the hiring of Roll to eventually replace Rusty Jones, then RW is much more aware of the current state of things  than I suspected.  Maybe Marv, who I think lives in Chicago (where Rusty ended up), helped with this.  I also like that RW seems to be asking a lot questions.  That is a good sign.

The only thing that does not make sense is retaining/elevating Modrak (or even that Modrak is interested in being GM under these circumstances).  How does this guy escape any responsibility for the TD era?

551481[/snapback]

Please - Ralph is one of the reasons this team is in the disrepair it is. I think what will be revealed tomorrow will be another move on the cheap - keep MM, keep MOdrak, (two guys under contract), and bring Levy in to "consult"...that ought to sell 5,000 season tickets on it's own. This team is in need of drastic change and not the tweaking and good faith moves we are seeing. Unless they replace Clemens with an OQ with a Mike Martartz or Steve Merriucci ans Grey with a Dom Capers - don't buy into the program...It's nothing more than a new set of tires, some touch up paint and a coat of wax...We do not have the players or cashing to succeed for the next two seasons....

Modrak is not the 'sexy' choice, that's for sure.....but I'm comfortable with it. The guy has been recognized as a pretty solid football guy for a good while now, and he already knows the deal here in Buffalo. I think it's a nice compromise for those (few) of us who are still behind TD and those who want a new regime.

Please - Ralph is one of the reasons this team is in the disrepair it is.  I think what will be revealed tomorrow will be another move on the cheap - keep MM, keep MOdrak, (two guys under contract), and bring Levy in to "consult"...that ought to sell 5,000 season tickets on it's own.  This team is in need of drastic change and not the tweaking and good faith moves we are seeing.  Unless they replace Clemens with an OQ with a Mike Martartz or Steve Merriucci ans Grey with a Dom Capers - don't buy into the program...It's nothing more than a new set of tires, some touch up paint and a coat of wax...We do not have the players or cashing to succeed for the next two seasons....

551489[/snapback]

Mr. Wilson is the only reason Buffalo has professional sports

Please - Ralph is one of the reasons this team is in the disrepair it is.  I think what will be revealed tomorrow will be another move on the cheap - keep MM, keep MOdrak, (two guys under contract), and bring Levy in to "consult"...that ought to sell 5,000 season tickets on it's own.  This team is in need of drastic change and not the tweaking and good faith moves we are seeing.  Unless they replace Clemens with an OQ with a Mike Martartz or Steve Merriucci ans Grey with a Dom Capers - don't buy into the program...It's nothing more than a new set of tires, some touch up paint and a coat of wax...We do not have the players or cashing to succeed for the next two seasons....

Everyone has an opinion...

551481[/snapback]

I agree, to me it shows he really cares and he appears to want a winner as bad as we do.

Mr. Wilson is the only reason Buffalo has professional sports

551495[/snapback]

Really...I think Seymour Knox, and now Tom Gialassanno (sp?) would disagree - toss in Bob Rich too. When Ralph bought the franchise for a song and put it in Buffalo - it was a bustling city, not the charred looking remains of a rust belt city that missed the economic revival other blue collar towns enjoyed. Ralph does the city no favors - as long as you sink money into his investment, he'll reap the returns and keep it put...the minute it's a losing proposition - it's gone....This is business, not a community service...

Really...I think Seymour Knox, and now Tom Gialassanno (sp?) would disagree - toss in Bob Rich too.  When Ralph bought the franchise for a song and put it in Buffalo - it was a bustling city, not the charred looking remains of a rust belt city that missed the economic revival other blue collar towns enjoyed.  Ralph does the city no favors - as long as you sink money into his investment, he'll reap the returns and keep it put...the minute it's a losing proposition - it's gone....This is business, not a community service...

551524[/snapback]

If my history is correct, the Bills were here first. No NFL in Buffalo at that time would have meant no NHL.

Wilson kept the Bills in Buffalo when he could have actually made a profit someplace else.

Great,

Ralph Wilson lives in Detroit,

Tom Modrak lives in Jacksonville,

Marv Levy lives in Chicago,

I live in New Jersey,

Jim Morrison is in Paris,

Doesn't anyone stay in Buffalo???????? B-)

Really...I think Seymour Knox, and now Tom Gialassanno (sp?) would disagree - toss in Bob Rich too.  When Ralph bought the franchise for a song and put it in Buffalo - it was a bustling city, not the charred looking remains of a rust belt city that missed the economic revival other blue collar towns enjoyed.  Ralph does the city no favors - as long as you sink money into his investment, he'll reap the returns and keep it put...the minute it's a losing proposition - it's gone....This is business, not a community service...

Add Mark Hamister to your list! B-):(:P

551524[/snapback]

Bought it for a song??? That was a lot of money for an upstart team in an upstart league, at a time when football wasn't what it is today.

Tell you what, why don't you move to a bustling city like Vegas and plunk down a few hundred thousand or a million to form your own football team, if you think it's such a no-brainer.