Realisically, What Do You Think That The

Bill from NYC

If the 2001 draft is to be used as a point of reference, the Bills moved from 14th to 21st and picked up the 21st selection in round 2 for doing so. This leads me to believe that the price a team would have to pay for the 8th pick would be greater.

For instance.... if the team who selects 15th (7 spots, as in 01) wanted to trade up for our #8, would simply swapping 1st rounders and throwing in a 2nd round pick be enough compensation for the Bills? My guess would be no.

I am thinking that a team in this (or similar) circumstance would be forced to toss another pick into the trade package, even if it is for the followng season.

I am not necessarily advocating trading down. We already have an early 3rd from Tenn. What I am saying is that if the Bills DO decide to trade down, one would think that they would truly be loaded with 1st day picks in April, perhaps in 07 as well.

This is going to be a thrilling spring people. ;)

If we could pick up an additional 2nd, I'd be thrilled. It depends how far you move back. The farther you move back, the bigger the compensation. If you move back a just couple spots, maybe an extra 3rd is enough.

With the early 3rd round selection for Henry, we now have 4 day one picks. Picking up a 5th would be nice. The Bills have an outside chance of picking up another in the FA compensation derby. Jennings and Pat Williams left, signing contracts totaling roughly 53-54 Million. In turn, we signed scrubs like Anderson and Gandy. So there is a chance of getting a 3rd or 4th rounder for that, since it's determined by contract size.

If we could pick up an additional 2nd, I'd be thrilled. It depends how far you move back. The farther you move back, the bigger the compensation. If you move back a just couple spots, maybe an extra 3rd is enough.

548279[/snapback]

I cannot recall many trades for picks at this level (other than the dreaded RJ deal). Do you remember any?

It seems to me that the 8th pick in a stocked draft would be worth quite a bit. Denver (as of now) is the only team with 2 #1s, and they will both be relatively late. I was thinking (wishfully perhaps) of something along those lines.

Am I being too optimistic? ;)

The 8th pick has a value on paper (like this) but more importantly a draft day value

if another team is really hot for a playor, a top 5 rated player falls to #8, or a player whose stock was skyrocketing was available at #8 we would probably be able to squeeze a little more out. look what the Chargers got for Eli Manning, which was effectively the Giants trading up for the #1 pick

conversely, if there are no players on the board that anybody really covets, the trade value of the pick drops. like 2002 when we drafted mike williams. after harrington was taken by the lions at #3, the phone at OBD stopped ringing

I am not necessarily advocating trading down. We already have an early 3rd from Tenn. What I am saying is that if the Bills DO decide to trade down, one would think that they would truly be loaded with 1st day picks in April, perhaps in 07 as well.

This is going to be a thrilling spring people.  :doh:

548267[/snapback]

There are some great players available at positions the Bills need. Unfortunatly, they will probably be gone by the time we pick.

T: Ferguson

DE: Williams

LB: AJ Hawk

If any of these guys drop, he take them, whatever the offer. Since I don't see them falling, a trade down would be a great idea. This team has some very important holes to fill, and another 2nd sure couldn't hurt. We could have up to 5 new lineman in day 1!!! :blink:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.