Another American Beheaded in Iraq

Thailog80

The big difference is that America's own soliders reported the actions at Abu Ghraib prison. And there were trials, investigations, and punishment for those who acted out of line.

And a sterling endorsement of the man at the top of the situation. :)

Meanwhile, the rabid Muslim monkeys probably passed out candy and laughed like they did on 9/11 after they cut-off the heads of those evil contractors who are trying to rebuild their infastructure.

Yeah, these "monkeys" don't understand we're trying to help them. Holier-than-thou, We-know-what's-best-for-you Colonialism, tastes great every time. It's worked so well for the rest of the world. :doh: It's no wonder these people can't get themselves together, they're just "monkeys." With this attitude the world will see it our way in no time. [/sarcasm]

Oh yes, and they killed 12 foriegns, and one of the main reason that was given was that they worshipped Buhda.

And America is racist and bigoted?

Pretty ironic coming from someone who is denouncing the "gayest post ever."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, the rabid Muslim monkeys probably passed out candy and laughed like they did on 9/11 after they cut-off the heads of those evil contractors who are trying to rebuild their infastructure.

You give the impression that you disagree with Bush and believe that the majority of Iraqis are against U.S. occupation and don't want us to stay. You must also have disagreed when Bush said we needed to be sensitive to the concerns of Muslims by not damaging the occupied mosque last month. I guess Bush is being "too sensitive" for your taste by not turning Iraq into a parking lot.

You give the impression that you disagree with Bush and believe that the majority of Iraqis are against U.S. occupation and don't want us to stay.  You must also have disagreed when Bush said we needed to be sensitive to the concerns of Muslims by not damaging the occupied mosque last month.  I guess Bush is being "too sensitive" for your taste by not turning Iraq into a parking lot.

39684[/snapback]

I don't know, I just don't agree with these racists who say that Iraqis can't govern their own nation. :)

Actually, while everyone who left Abu Ghraib had heads, some of them were dead when they left. There are several cases of mysterious deaths in US and British custody currently under investigation. Seymour Hersh has also alleged that Iraqi boys were sodomized in Abu Ghraib. Still, all that's hunky-dory so long as you can say "well, at least we're not as bad as (fill in name of murderous terrorist group here)". What happed to the US hostage was an act of barbarism for which there can be no justification, but neither does what happened yesterday retrospectively justify what went on at Abu Ghraib nor mean that it should be erased from public consciousness forever.

39456[/snapback]

Ok chicot here is the point that you continue to miss. I highly doubt that any of the so called mysterious deaths were deaths by beheading let alone a beheading that was placed on a website for all the world to see. Even your level of understanding and sympathy for these muslim sub humans should be able to see the difference. Who knows what really happened to those criminals. Perhaps they were mistreated, or perhaps they died because they tried to escape, or perhaps they died because they were mal-nurished from eating a stedy diet of dirt and rocks. But I am positive that none of them died at the hands of some freak bastard who can in no way be considered a part of the humna race, who sawed off this innocent mans head, and then sent the video of this act to thier partners at al jazeera so they could show all the other sick freak muslims bastards around the world so they could show it to thier children before bedtime. This of course will keep the cycle of these fine sub-humans going so they can continue to add to the betterment of the world. Oh I'm sorry, they have no interest in that.

And by the way, seymour hersh alleging something does not make it so. The fact that these in-human muslim freaks sawed off this innocent mans head and released the video to thier partners is a FACT. Stop making excuses for these sick bastards. There is no excuse. Until the muslim people rise up and call for the freak fringe to stop this behavior then they all fall into the same catagory to me. Sick sub-human bastards who will surely rot in hell....right next to Hitler.

And a sterling endorsement of the man at the top of the situation.  :)

Yeah, these "monkeys" don't understand we're trying to help them.  Holier-than-thou, We-know-what's-best-for-you Colonialism, tastes great every time.  It's worked so well for the rest of the world.  :doh:  It's no wonder these people can't get themselves together, they're just "monkeys."  With this attitude the world will see it our way in no time.  [/sarcasm]

39677[/snapback]

hey runthedmamnball America may not be perfect, but can you please show me or tell me when the last time we cut the head off of an innocent human being and then proudly showed the sick act to the rest of the world thru their partners at al jazeer?

Stop making excuses for these bastards.............it only empowers them.

Gayest Post ever?

The big difference is that America's own soliders reported the actions at Abu Ghraib prison. And there were trials, investigations, and punishment for those who acted out of line.

Oh yes, and they killed 12 foriegns, and one of the main reason that was given was that they worshipped Buhda.

And America is racist and bigoted?

yeah, ok

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

39627[/snapback]

Read the thread in it's entirety. It was not me that started making the comparisons, rather it was those who were using the example of the beheading to attempt to belittle what happened at Abu Ghraib or imply that media coverage of it has been excessive. Clearly the coverage has been insufficient since there are still people who believe that nothing more serious went on than "forcing someone to wear undies on their head". I'm sorry that the meaning of my post went over your head. Maybe next time I'll start by calling you a homo if that will aid your understanding.

Man I am just happy for his families sake that he did not have to go to abu grab and have to wear undies on his head. That would have been just aweful.

But then again, at least he would have had a head attached to his body when he got out. And perhaps there would be some outrage from the press around the world and right here in our own country because somebody made him feel like less dirty for a while. Well my bet is that he would have gladly traded that evil type of capture for the fate that he found just because he was trying to help Iraq build new schools and water treatment plants.

39036[/snapback]

Richio, try to understand this:

When a bunch of murdering bast@#$@#$'s behead someone, it isn't exactly a surprise to anyone. It is what murdering bas@%@#$'s do. When the United States of America, the champion of the rule of law and freedom abuses prisoners, it is shocking, unexpected and a scandal. Those prisoners suffered abuse far worse than what you refer to and it has been documented. The Army's own report (Taguba Report) concluded that the following abuse occurred:

(S) Punching, slapping, and kicking detainees;

jumping on their naked feet;

(S) Videotaping and photographing naked male and

female detainees;

(S) Forcibly arranging detainees in various

sexually explicit positions for photographing;

(S) Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and

keeping them naked for several days at a time;

(S) Forcing naked male detainees to wear women's

underwear;

(S) Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate

themselves while being photographed and videotaped;

(S) Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and

then jumping on them;

(S) Positioning a naked detainee on a MRE Box,

with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his

fingers, toes, and penis to simulate electric torture;

(S) Writing "I am a Rapest" (sic) on the leg of a

detainee alleged to have forcibly raped a 15-year old

fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked;

(S) Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked

detainee's neck and having a female Soldier pose for a

picture;

(S) A male MP guard having sex with a female

detainee;

(S) Using military working dogs (without muzzles)

to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least

one case biting and severely injuring a detainee;

(S) Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees.

(U) Breaking chemical lights and pouring the

phosphoric liquid on detainees;

(U) Threatening detainees with a charged 9mm pistol;

(U) Pouring cold water on naked detainees;

(U) Beating detainees with a broom handle and a

chair;

(U) Threatening male detainees with rape;

(U) Allowing a military police guard to stitch the

wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed

against the wall in his cell;

(U) Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and

perhaps a broom stick.

(U) Using military working dogs to frighten and

intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one

instance actually biting a detainee.

Rap, sodomy and beatings. That is just a little bit more than forced cross dressing don't you think?

Here is a finding in the same report that I find particulary worrisome as it involves secret prisoners, unaccounted for and hidden from the Red Cross:

The various detention facilities operated by the 800th MP Brigade have routinely held persons brought to them by Other Government Agencies (OGAs) without accounting for them, knowing their identities, or even the reason for their detention. The Joint Interrogation and Debriefing Center (JIDC) at Abu Ghraib called these detainees "ghost detainees." On at least one occasion, the 320th MP

Battalion at Abu Ghraib held a handful of "ghost detainees" (6-8) for OGAs that they moved around within the facility to hide them from a visiting International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) survey team. This maneuver was deceptive,

contrary to Army Doctrine, and in violation of international law.

I won't bother with the report's findings with regard to shooting of detainees. Plenty of detainees, the ones that were recorded as being there anyway, were shot and killed. I'd like to think that all the reports of their deaths are accurate so as to conclude that all were justified killings but since the same people that were sodomizing detainees with glow sticks were the ones making the reports and doing the shootings, I see no reason for confidence in the accuracy of those reports.

Frankly, I am not going to lose any sleep over even the worst abuses at that prison out of any concern for the detainees. Admittedly, I am just not that altruistic or dedicated to international law. What bothers me about it is that it is going to cost American lives. It makes it that much easier for OBL to recruit fighters to go to Iraq. It makes it that much easier for the insurgents, terrorists, Baathists or whoever is accomplishing all this mayhem in Iraq to oppose us and the puppet government we are trying to install. What those soldiers did will cost us more lives than a traitor turning his weapons on his own men.

I can't fathom how anyone who claims to "support our troops" would be dedicated to minimizing what those idiots at Abu Ghraib did given how much they have endangered the lives of our troops. Blaiming the media, lying about the extent of the abuses or whining that the world is holding the United States to a higher standard than it is holding a gang of head chopping thugs isn't going to accomplish very much. If defending a bunch of melon headed guards who are endangering the lives of front line troops is your idea of supporting our troops, it is support I think we could do without. I think you could support the front line troops better by insisting on the full prosecution of the idiots undermining their mission by indulging their penchant for sadism.

It's pretty apalling to see the attitudes of some libs around here who think the American Government invited such beheadings by going into Iraq. It is not Iraqi insurgents who are going around planning and executing the beheadings. It is al Quaeda. I know the suggestion that al Quaeda was actually operating in Iraq pains you libs, but it is a fact.

I guess the Australians who died in Bali had it coming to them? The families who were executed in Chechnya? The Turks whose government didn't even participate in the coalition? You libs still don't fathom the nature of the threat we are facing. I don't know if your opposition to Iraq clouds your ability to think clearly about the war on terror, or if your clouded ability to comprehend the war on terror results in your opposition to Iraq.

Islam designs are to take over the world in the name of thier religion . Dont think these scuzlims are a bunch of renagades, it is clearly defined by them that any one that does not follow Islam must die.Chicot this is America so you are free to say what you want but you are part of the enemy. Isalm must be destroyed Bush knows it Kerry knows it all the leaders of the free world know it ,.The time is not right for thses people to say it but soon it will come and Isalm (evil) will be destroyed. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

It's pretty apalling to see the attitudes of some libs around here who think the American Government invited such beheadings by going into Iraq.  It is not Iraqi insurgents who are going around planning and executing the beheadings.  It is al Quaeda.  I know the suggestion that al Quaeda was actually operating in Iraq pains you libs, but it is a fact.

I guess the Australians who died in Bali had it coming to them?  The families who were executed in Chechnya?  The Turks whose government didn't even participate in the coalition?  You libs still don't fathom the nature of the threat we are facing.  I don't know if your opposition to Iraq clouds your ability to think clearly about the war on terror, or if your clouded ability to comprehend the war on terror results in your opposition to Iraq.

39805[/snapback]

When you say that AQ "was" operating in Iraq, can you be more specific? Can you link us to the posts by all the liberals you claim blame the American Government for beheadings? Also, let me know if it is okay to blast an entire group based on the idiocy of a handful so I'll know that it is okay to blame all conservatives, yourself included, every time a conservative or two goes haywire and ties a gay kid to a fence leaving him to die, shoots a doctor, bombs a clinic or blows up a federal building.

Rather than criticize liberals who believe that the war on Iraq was a mistake, care to comment on the growing amount of conservatives who have reached the same conclusions? Clearly your well thought out philosophy is that any position that any liberal takes is wrong and any position taken by any conservative is right so I think it is of interest as to how you incorporate conservatives and liberals agreeing with one another in that belief system.

The author of Imperial Hubris refers to the Iraq war as the greatest gift that could have ever been given to AQ and OBL. He is a CIA officer with over 20 years experience studying Islamic fundamentalists and jihaddists. Politically, he is to the right of Jesse Helms. Is he too stupid to fathom the nature of the threat against us?

I think that reasonable minds may differ on whether invading Iraq was or was not a mistake and that the issue, depending on how things go, is still in doubt from a historical perspective. Dismissing any view on the issue simply because the person expressing the view is a liberal is a good example of the all too sophomoric posts that dominate the board.

It's pretty apalling to see the attitudes of some libs around here who think the American Government invited such beheadings by going into Iraq.  It is not Iraqi insurgents who are going around planning and executing the beheadings.  It is al Quaeda.  I know the suggestion that al Quaeda was actually operating in Iraq pains you libs, but it is a fact.

I guess the Australians who died in Bali had it coming to them?  The families who were executed in Chechnya?  The Turks whose government didn't even participate in the coalition?  You libs still don't fathom the nature of the threat we are facing.  I don't know if your opposition to Iraq clouds your ability to think clearly about the war on terror, or if your clouded ability to comprehend the war on terror results in your opposition to Iraq.

39805[/snapback]

No, no, no. Nobody has this coming to them. You are missing the point. AQ is AWFUL. They are the worst, lowest people this world has to offer. But we DID invite AQ into Iraq, just like we did in Afghanistan by invading the country and creating a cause for those who saw it as an injustice as well as pure America-haters to rally around. We fortified Al Qaeda by rallying common Iraqis against us, and made those common Iraqis (and the Arab world at large) more sympathetic to AQ. Take it and rationalize it as you will, but you would be out the door with a rifle in a second if someone invaded our country. And I would, too.

Our government's actions strengthened the claims of Al Qaeda to many Muslims, and became ANOTHER reason for them to hate America, instead of defusing the hatred by showing those who may not have taken a real side yet that we really care and are in this together and that AQ is bad for everyone because it targets Muslims with open minds as well as non-Muslims. I'm not saying it's right, and I am definitely not saying that we are in the wrong for looking out for our interests. But the way we went about this whole operation was wrong, and some Republican leaders are starting to agree.

Also, there is NO substantiated proof that Al Qaeda was operating out of Iraq. It is far from a fact. Saddam and bin Laden may have some of the same desires, but Saddam was definitely not an Islamic extremist, and that is well-documented. I would like to see the facts if you have them because it would definitely change the tenor of this discussion.

And a sterling endorsement of the man at the top of the situation.  ;)

Yeah, these "monkeys" don't understand we're trying to help them.  Holier-than-thou, We-know-what's-best-for-you Colonialism, tastes great every time.  It's worked so well for the rest of the world.  ;)  It's no wonder these people can't get themselves together, they're just "monkeys."  With this attitude the world will see it our way in no time.  [/sarcasm]

39677[/snapback]

"Gayest post ever" is just an expression. I wasn't insulting your post's sexual orientation. Get over yourself, jerky.

Let me summerize this way. When terrorists stormed a housing complex in Saudi Arabia this past summer, what question did they ask their victims before they were killed?

"are you an american?" nope

"did you vote for Bush" nope

"are you a muslim"

bingo. I mean bang.

Also, let me know if it is okay to blast an entire group based on the idiocy of a handful so I'll know that it is okay to blame all conservatives, yourself included, every time a conservative or two goes haywire and ties a gay kid to a fence leaving him to die, shoots a doctor, bombs a clinic or blows up a federal building.

What about starting a post with "It's pretty apalling to see the attitudes of some libs" leads you to believe I was blasting all liberals in this post? I guess Kerry is still trailing in the polls ... ;)

But we DID invite AQ into Iraq

Zarqawi and AQ were already known to have been in Iraq long prior to the war starting. Zarqawi is the guy doing most of the bad stuff now. If there is one thing the average American should be grateful for, it's that this sick SOB has his sights set in Iraq right now and not over here.

Also, there is NO substantiated proof that Al Qaeda was operating out of Iraq. It is far from a fact. Saddam and bin Laden may have some of the same desires, but Saddam was definitely not an Islamic extremist, and that is well-documented. I would like to see the facts if you have them because it would definitely change the tenor of this discussion.

Here's a link to a biography on Zarqawi that references him being in Iraq as early as 2001:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3483089.stm

Clearly your well thought out philosophy is that any position that any liberal takes is wrong and any position taken by any conservative is right so I think it is of interest as to how you incorporate conservatives and liberals agreeing with one another in that belief system.

That sentence doesn't make any sense. Anyway, wasn't it just two weeks ago that I was taking heat for being in favor of the assault gun ban? Am I not on record favoring need-based Social Security reform in favor of improved Medicaire for all seniors? I don't think of myself as a conservative talking points kind of guy -- I'm an independent thinker whose beliefs tend to align with conservative ideology 85% of the time.

Here's a link to a biography on Zarqawi that references him being in Iraq as early as 2001:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3483089.stm

40031[/snapback]

There is murky evidence there -- the language is all suggestive: "He was thought," "U.S. officials argue," "he is believed to be." And if this points to AQ operating out of Iraq, I must amend my earlier statement and say that there is no evidence AQ or Zarqawi was working with Saddam. If these things are true then Zarqawi was actually taking refuge amongst a population that was very much against Saddam in the Kurds.

The problem here is that we are still considering AQ to align itself with states when its power lies in its boundlessness and ability to work outside of the idea of borders. And again, this reinforces my point: taking out Saddam had no effect on Al Qaeda other than to galvanize another population against the U.S. and make their cause more attractive. It sure as hell didn't stop Zarqawi.

There is murky evidence there -- the language is all suggestive: "He was thought," "U.S. officials argue," "he is believed to be."  And if this points to AQ operating out of Iraq, I must amend my earlier statement and say that there is no evidence AQ or Zarqawi was working with Saddam.

Then I hope you're not someone who accuses Bush of "letting" bin Laden escape at Tora Bora. Seems to me that evidence is just as "murky". At least Zarqawi actually turned up in Iraq.

And I never said Saddam was working with Zarqawi. Saddam was harboring him, however, which is still a no-no by the Bush doctrine.

Richio, try to understand this:

When a bunch of murdering bast@#$@#$'s behead someone, it isn't exactly a surprise to anyone.  It is what murdering bas@%@#$'s do.  When the United States of America, the champion of the rule of law and freedom abuses prisoners, it is shocking, unexpected and a scandal.  Those prisoners suffered abuse far worse than what you refer to and it has been documented.  The Army's own report (Taguba Report) concluded that the following abuse occurred:

(S) Punching, slapping, and kicking detainees;

jumping on their naked feet;

(S) Videotaping and photographing naked male and

female detainees;

(S) Forcibly arranging detainees in various

sexually explicit positions for photographing;

(S) Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and

keeping them naked for several days at a time;

(S) Forcing naked male detainees to wear women's

underwear;

(S) Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate

themselves while being photographed and videotaped;

(S) Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and

then jumping on them;

(S) Positioning a naked detainee on a MRE Box,

with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his

fingers, toes, and penis to simulate electric torture;

(S) Writing "I am a Rapest"  (sic) on the leg of a

detainee alleged to have forcibly raped a 15-year old

fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked;

(S) Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked

detainee's neck and having a female Soldier pose for a

picture;

(S) A male MP guard having sex with a female

detainee;

(S) Using military working dogs (without muzzles)

to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least

one case biting and severely injuring a detainee;

(S) Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees.

(U) Breaking chemical lights and pouring the

phosphoric liquid on detainees;

(U) Threatening detainees with a charged 9mm pistol;

(U) Pouring cold water on naked detainees;

(U) Beating detainees with a broom handle and a

chair;

(U) Threatening male detainees with rape;

(U) Allowing a military police guard to stitch the

wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed

against the wall in his cell;

(U) Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and

perhaps a broom stick.

(U) Using military working dogs to frighten and

intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one

instance actually biting a detainee.

Rap, sodomy and beatings.  That is just a little bit more than forced cross dressing don't you think?

Here is a finding in the same report that I find particulary worrisome as it involves secret prisoners, unaccounted for and hidden from the Red Cross:

The various detention facilities operated by the 800th MP Brigade have routinely held persons brought to them by Other Government Agencies (OGAs) without accounting for them, knowing their identities, or even the reason for their detention. The Joint Interrogation and Debriefing Center (JIDC) at Abu Ghraib called these detainees "ghost detainees."  On at least one occasion, the 320th MP

Battalion at Abu Ghraib held a handful of "ghost detainees" (6-8) for OGAs that they moved around within the facility to hide them from a visiting International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) survey team.  This maneuver was deceptive,

contrary to Army Doctrine, and in violation of international law.

I won't bother with the report's findings with regard to shooting of detainees.  Plenty of detainees, the ones that were recorded as being there anyway, were shot and killed.  I'd like to think that all the reports of their deaths are accurate so as to conclude that all were justified killings but since the same people that were sodomizing detainees with glow sticks were the ones making the reports and doing the shootings, I see no reason for confidence in the accuracy of those reports.

Frankly, I am not going to lose any sleep over even the worst abuses at that prison out of any concern for the detainees.  Admittedly, I am just not that altruistic or dedicated to international law.  What bothers me about it is that it is going to cost American lives.  It makes it that much easier for OBL to recruit fighters to go to Iraq.  It makes it that much easier for the insurgents, terrorists, Baathists or whoever is accomplishing all this mayhem in Iraq to oppose us and the puppet government we are trying to install.  What those soldiers did will cost us more lives than a traitor turning his weapons on his own men. 

I can't fathom how anyone who claims to "support our troops" would be dedicated to minimizing what those idiots at Abu Ghraib did given how much they have endangered the lives of our troops.  Blaiming the media, lying about the extent of the abuses or whining that the world is holding the United States to a higher standard than it is holding a gang of head chopping thugs isn't going to accomplish very much.  If defending a bunch of melon headed guards who are endangering the lives of front line troops is your idea of supporting our troops, it is support I think we could do without.  I think you could support the front line troops better by insisting on the full prosecution of the idiots undermining their mission by indulging their penchant for sadism.

39793[/snapback]

mick with all due respect you are out of control. I never supported the abu grab knuckleheads for what they did. Get real, and stop being wacky.

What I did was make the comparison that as bad as the abuses were, and in the end they were for the most part abuses used to get information from the detainies, was minor in comparison to cutting off an INNOCENT persons head and video taping it, and then giving it to thier partners in the arab press who get thier rocks off by showing it to the rest of the world. Can't you understand that?????

For the people inside abu grab who did those stupid things to the inmates just because, I agree that they should be punished, and punished harshly. I have said that on this board perhaps 50 times. In fact many of them already have been and many more are currently being held pending thier day in court. I have zero problem with this. Again my comparison was that even at its worst, we never or would never cut off a mans head with a dull knife and film it for pleasure veiwing throughout the arab world. These people are sub-human animals who are not worthy to breathe the same air as you or me.

If you spent more time actually reading the posts and less time trying to find some hiiden agenda in me that does not exist you could save yourself one hell of a lot of time, and key strokes.

Ok chicot here is the point that you continue to miss. I highly doubt that any of the so called mysterious deaths were deaths by beheading let alone a beheading that was placed on a website for all the world to see. Even your level of understanding and sympathy for these muslim sub humans should be able to see the difference. Who knows what really happened to those criminals. Perhaps they were mistreated, or perhaps they died because they tried to escape, or perhaps they died because they were mal-nurished from eating a stedy diet of dirt and rocks. But I am positive that none of them died at the hands of some freak bastard who can in no way be considered a part of the humna race, who sawed off this innocent mans head, and then sent the video of this act to thier partners at al jazeera so they could show all the other sick freak muslims bastards around the world so they could show it to thier children before bedtime. This of course will keep the cycle of these fine sub-humans going so they can continue to add to the betterment of the world. Oh I'm sorry, they have no interest in that.

And by the way, seymour hersh alleging something does not make it so. The fact that these in-human muslim freaks sawed off this innocent mans head and released the video to thier partners is a FACT. Stop making excuses for these sick bastards. There is no excuse. Until the muslim people rise up and call for the freak fringe to stop this behavior then they all fall into the same catagory to me. Sick sub-human bastards who will surely rot in hell....right next to Hitler.

39690[/snapback]

No, I didn't make any excuses for the beheading. I said that what happened was an act of barbarism for which there can be no justification. I think that's pretty clear. What I took issue with was you attempting to belittle what happened at Abu Ghraib. I fail to see why some people seem unable to express outrage over this sort of atrocity without, at the same time, attempting to pass off what happened at Abu Ghraib as no more than a harmless college prank.

mick with all due respect you are out of control. I never supported the abu grab knuckleheads for what they did. Get real, and stop being wacky.

What I did was make the comparison that as bad as the abuses were, and in the end they were for the most part abuses used to get information from the detainies, was minor in comparison to cutting off an INNOCENT persons head and video taping it, and then giving it to thier partners in the arab press who get thier rocks off by showing it to the rest of the world. Can't you understand that?????

For the people inside abu grab who did those stupid things to the inmates just because, I agree that they should be punished, and punished harshly. I have said that on this board perhaps 50 times. In fact many of them already have been and many more are currently being held pending thier day in court. I have zero problem with this. Again my comparison was that even at its worst, we never or would never cut off a mans head with a dull knife and film it for pleasure veiwing throughout the arab world. These people are sub-human animals who are not worthy to breathe the same air as you or me.

If you spent more time actually reading the posts and less time trying to find some hiiden agenda in me that does not exist you could save yourself one hell of a lot of time, and key strokes.

40118[/snapback]

Right, so you didn't minimize what happened at Abu Ghraib with that line about women's undies leaving out the stuff about rape, sodomy and beatings? As for the comparison you claim to have been making, kind of stating the obvious don't you think? Is there anyone claiming that sodomy, beatings and rape were as bad as beheadings? I am not aware of anyone making that argument. You also complained about the press and compared their reaction to the beheadings. Why compare us to them at all? I for one am not going to measure our actions by their standards, "We aren't as barbaric as they are" is not really saying very much but if you think it is important to point that out, have at it. Would you at least agree that when the United States Army rapes, beats and sodomizes prisoners, it is shocking and that barbarians being barbarours is no surprise?