Profiles in Islam

6 dead in Indonesian market blast

PALU, Indonesia (AP) -- A bomb ripped through a crowded pig market in an Indonesian province that has been plagued by sectarian violence, killing six people and wounding 45 others, witnesses and police said. Many of the victims were believed to be Christians.

he explosion tore through the market in a predominantly Christian part of Palu at around 7 a.m., when it was packed with people preparing for Saturday night's New Year celebration.

"The explosion was so loud, I couldn't hear for a couple of seconds," said Tega, a resident who lived nearby. Like many Indonesians he only uses one name. "I ran out of my house and saw bodies lying around."

A series of attacks have taken place in Central Sulawesi this year.

In October, unidentified assailants beheaded three Christian high school girls in Poso, east of Palu. In May, two bombs in the Christian-dominated town of Tentena killed 20 people.

Police have questioned several suspects in those attacks, but have not formally brought charges against anyone.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pls retire this....does anybody buy that pc b-s line anymore?  they cant, so just trash that comeback, right?

546526[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I'm starting to agree. Still there are SOME good people who are part of that religion.

pls retire this....does anybody buy that pc b-s line anymore?  they cant, so just trash that comeback, right?

546526[/snapback]

It's about as peaceful as Christianity, I'd say. There's little difference between justifying with the Koran kamikazeing planes into office buildings and justifying with the New Testament...oh, I don't know, how about firebombing abortion clinics? ;)

It ain't the religions. It's the !@#$ing idiots misinterpreting it.

It's about as peaceful as Christianity, I'd say.  There's little difference between justifying with the Koran kamikazeing planes into office buildings and justifying with the New Testament...oh, I don't know, how about firebombing abortion clinics?  0:)

It ain't the religions.  It's the !@#$ing idiots misinterpreting it.

547815[/snapback]

Yeah. firebombing of abortion clinics is a frequent event. ;)

It's about as peaceful as Christianity, I'd say.  There's little difference between justifying with the Koran kamikazeing planes into office buildings and justifying with the New Testament...oh, I don't know, how about firebombing abortion clinics?  ;)

547815[/snapback]

Comparing extremist Christian groups to Islamic ones and the havoc they create worldwide is the the equivalent of comparing some kid's lemonade stand to Coke-Cola inc.

Flying planes into building may not be an everyday event, but Muslim terrorists wanting to carve out a pure Islamic state out any country were they have a sizable population is...

For you reading enjoyment:

Bangladesh suicide bombing kills 8

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/12/0...last/index.html

".. authorities believe all the incidents, including Thursday's, are linked to the banned Islamic militant group Jamaatul Mujahedin Bangladesh (JMB) -- a group, police say, has a suicide squad of 2,000 members.

JMB is dedicated to establishing Islamic rule in Bangladesh, promising to attack court officials and buildings, administrative targets, cultural organizations, non-governmental organizations and what it calls liberal democratic political organizations."

You could replace Bangladesh with about 10 other country names and the story could be the same...

When is the last item and armed Christian group used bombing of civilians to try and establish a pure Christian state?

More than 60% of muslims world-wide think Osma Yourma is a hero.

Poll Christians and see how high the fire bombers rank.

Let's collect news stories for year and see who was more: The christian terrorist or the islamic terrorists...

I won't belabor this point because I know it won't ring true with the folks on this Board - but this is a historical discussion. Islam happens to be the religion of our time that is most cited as the excuse for violence. However, if you look at the eras that embodied the global-colonalism, Christianity was the religion used as a basis for cultural rape and extinction - "bringing Jesus to the savages." Tomorrow, maybe Scientology will be used as the justification for some other form of terrible violence.

I won't belabor this point because I know it won't ring true with the folks on this Board - but this is a historical discussion. Islam happens to be the religion of our time that is most cited as the excuse for violence. However, if you look at the eras that embodied the global-colonalism, Christianity was the religion used as a basis for cultural rape and extinction - "bringing Jesus to the savages." Tomorrow, maybe Scientology will be used as the justification for some other form of terrible violence.

548619[/snapback]

Which folks are you speaking of? Hard to tell if you are instigating or discussing. "Historical". We've already had the Crusader caveats, and we've also discussed Saladin. I myself brought up the point that Mohammed was more a general, than a prophet.

Problem is now, Buckwheat, that even though it was true in the past, it's much more true now that ideology is intertwined with a global economy, from the Islamic perspective. 800 years ago, or whatever, we didn't differentiate, now we do - they don't. You understand the history of "secular"? I don't either, but it happened. Western society is at a disadvantage, from the ideological albeit also the informational strategic standpoint. I see that everytime people here slam Christianity. You don't think religion is a tool to winning? It has been, for 4,000 years. Why give up a power running game for a deep pass attack with a fragmented team?

548619[/snapback]

Sounds like selective history to me. Before the era of global-colonalism, Islam was violently conquering the media-east and Persia.

In fact, they still consider Spain "theirs". That is why the Spanish police a constantly breaking up cells who are plotting to blow -up courthouses and other public building. I guess pulling out of Iraq wasn't good enough. Duh!

And please tell what holy sites that Christians have build over to build their own place of worship? That is common practice with Islam in the middle east.

My brother is currently doing a thesis on Martin Luther and the Jews.

Martin Luther clearly advocated that any Rabbi that continues to teach should be

put to death.

For what its worth:

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/luther-jews.html

548840[/snapback]

Wow , that is why you see cells of Lutherian terrorist blowing up people till this very day.

Wow , that is why you see cells of Lutherian terrorist blowing up people till this very day.

548865[/snapback]

No. But, my brother is trying to argue that the body count in the little Holocaust is a little bit higher. 16th century pogroms in reformation Germany he estimates killed tens of thousands of Jews.

No. But, my brother is trying to argue that  the body count in the little Holocaust is a little bit higher. 16th century pogroms in reformation Germany he estimates killed tens of thousands of Jews.

548885[/snapback]

Not according to the president of Iran. He says it never happened.

He never lies.