Has anybody watched this kid play?

Bill from NYC

I just sent you a response to your PM, but I'll post it here also.

I'd say he's about the 3rd or 4th best guard prospect in this draft. He'll probably be a late 2nd/early 3rd round choice, depending on how the combine plays out (and any all star games beforehand). As a guy we could get later on, I like Texas' Will Allen. If we're going to target a guard earlier than the 4th (where I feel we could land Allen), then I say we use a 2nd round pick on Max Jean-Gilles of Georgia, the best guard prospect available.

I just sent you a response to your PM, but I'll post it here also.

I'd say he's about the 3rd or 4th best guard prospect in this draft.  He'll probably be a late 2nd/early 3rd round choice, depending on how the combine plays out (and any all star games beforehand).  As a guy we could get later on, I like Texas' Will Allen.  If we're going to target a guard earlier than the 4th (where I feel we could land Allen), then I say we use a 2nd round pick on Max Jean-Gilles of Georgia, the best guard prospect  available.

543913[/snapback]

Ferguson and Setterstrom just finished crushong people in the bowl game. They were both spectacular. Ferguson was even better than I expected, but we won't get him.

Setterstrom is a brutal monster. He was pushing defenders 5-10 yards up the field on virtually every run. On passing plays he was also excellent. The kid belongs in a Bills uniform. :lol:

The Gophers are like the Broncos of College football. They have one of the smallest OL in college football, averaging between 270-300 lbs.

But they all can pull, trap and blast the opposing DL back a couple of yards. Always seem to have a RB or 2 with big rushing numbers and a high scoring offense.

Sometimes, I wonder about these 340 guards and 370 tackles and look at Denver as a better example of OL. The Broncos line looks to be still going good in the 4th quarter, while the opposing OL's and the big DL they block seemed to be spent.

Setterstrom and Gopher C Greg Eslinger ( Outland Trophy winner ) will probably be very solid pros. They will be knocked for their size and will probably add 10 lbs. within their first year. Still, they can flat out play. Solid mid round picks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.