The truth about Sundays win

SethinShelby

Holcomb was good, but come on it was not like he put the team on his back took single handedly won the game. Our receivers got some good YAC. We had a good number of rushing attempts although many of them were not for big yards we still had the attempts. Our defense bent but did not break and forced turnovers.

We still were not that great in the redzone. We had 3 field goals and McGee had a defensive touchdown and a special teams touchdown. Time and time again the special teams gave us unbelieveable field position. IU have not heard mention after our onside kick the pass into triple coverage he threw for pick when we had tons of momentum.

I will admit Holcomb managed the game well and the one pass he threw that I said I do not think JP could have done that was the 3rd down pass to Josh Reed. That was a heck of a pass. This team goes as the offensive line goes. The offensive line did not allow our QB to get murdered every time he passed and our QB did good.

Special teams, turnovers, and rushing attempts were our supposed recipe for success and the beginning of the year and for one game it worked. We won it feels good, but have we quickly forgotten the rest of the season.

Scoring from other than the offense. Without McGee's pick, I believe Cinci would have gone down field to at least tie it and force OT. But an "extra" 14 points won it for us.

Think about it, that could be one of the major reasons our record could have been a few wins better this year. Last year we got 10TD's, 70 points from the "D" and special teams. Now we had to wait until game 15 and what do you know, we won a game we shouldn't have. that "extra" 70 points could have made a difference this year

Roscoe's move on third and long was HUGE. He deeked that guy right out of his shoes to get the first down. That was the first time this year I actually thought Parrish might really be able to help this team.

Reed's catch was a few years overdue but so sweet to see nonetheless.

sorry to tell you guys but the game wasn't quite on the level......Marv didnt want to rest his guys 2 weeks so they played a little exhibition and made it look like an oops................they want the Patsies to pass them and get the number 3 seed as they feel it's best for them to make a championship run from the 4th, to avoid the iron curtain.........but hey, Mularkey will probably still be around cause of it, so look on the bright side.