The Great QB Debate of 2006

WVUFootball29

Looking back at this season who would you pick as the starter for opening day 2006?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Looking back at this season who would you pick as the starter for opening day 2006?

• JP Losman
    • Kelly Holcomb
    • Neither

With everything I've seen and heard this season, I'm kinda worried that this season is going to turn into another Flute/Johnson debate with JP and Kelly.

IMHO, another QB controversy is only going to postpone this team returning to the playoffs even longer. I also think that it is going to be a waste of a 1st round pick if we pull the plug on JP after this season. This musical QB thing just isnt going to work we need to pick one and stick with them.

I vote Losman starts next year unless he proves in the preseason that he doesnt deserve it.

With everything I've seen and heard this season, I'm kinda worried that this season is going to turn into another Flute/Johnson debate with JP and Kelly.

IMHO, another QB controversy is only going to postpone this team returning to the playoffs  even longer.  I also think that it is going to be a waste of a 1st round pick if we pull the plug on JP after this season.  This musical QB thing just isnt going to work we need to pick one and stick with them.

I vote Losman starts next year unless he proves in the preseason that he doesnt deserve it.

542066[/snapback]

Holcomb is a gutsy guy, but he just isn't an NFL starter. Lossman has the potential to be special, and the coaches need to stay patient with him.....note- I said the coaches- they decide who starts

I would like to see something click with JP, where the coaches bring KH back, and say it's an open competition, and then JP just earns it. I could like to see Holcomb as our backup for quite a while. Is there any news as to the relationship between these two qb's? It was never a secret that RJ and DF hated eachother, and each guy couldn't deal with the other starting. I wonder what these guys think of eachother. The coaches certainly have scripted a perfect atmosphere for rivalry and hatred.

As a KH supporter, and a Flutie loather, it really isn't the same. With Flutie, the win-loss record was markedly better than it was with Rob Johnson. With KH, while he had a pretty nice game today, he still has a losing record as our starter (unless you give him credit for the Cheifs game!), he is not a long term answer. To be sure, he has mastered many of he games finer points better than JP at this point, but to me, JP showed a lot of progress in his second stint as our starter. I like them both right now. All said, I hope JP starts next week!