What does 2day mean for JP next week

I know alot of differing opinions, but like the announcers said on the radio about Carson, the light bulb just comes on, but you have to be on the field for the switch to be flipped. I hope 2 see JP next week and the same effort from all facets of our team and crush the JETS.

He needs the looks. I do like Kelly as a backup though, and hope he is here for the next few years.

BY THE WAY... any1 here Alex Van Pelt on the radio broadcast. He about jumped out the booth and screamed when Terrance made than last interception.

Go BILLS>

Guest BackInDaDay

Trade Losman to the Titans for a 3rd rounder.

We've got our bargain player QB, let someone else develope JP. If he turns out as good as we hoped, in a couple years he'll be looking for a huge contract and we'd lose him to FA anyway.

You really don't need consistent play from your QB to win football games. Stay with Holcomb... and keep the O-line as is. Except for Williams. Too much moola. Throw in a condo on the Palisades and maybe the Peters kid will extend.

Geez, I wonder where Cincinatti would be had they traded Carson Palmer.

Guyz, I know it's nice to win a game, but come on. The Bengals defense is nothing to write home about, and our offense put up only 23 points (with about 14 of them based off of great field position from our incredible special teams returns. We had 1 TD off a return and another defensive TD.

No, we don't need to trade JP. We need to get an offensive line (as once again we average a whopping 3.2 yards a carry), and allowed 4 sacks to a team that is second to last in the NFL in sacking the QB.

QB is not our problem. It is actually a strength, but you don't give up on JP. It's amazing what 1 win will do to some people's outlooks. It's nice to win, but we are not even close to being able to compete with the big boys yet. How many times could we not ever GET 1 DAMNED YARD to score a TD.

Don't get 2 excited over this.

Geez, I wonder where Cincinatti would be had they traded Carson Palmer. 

Guyz, I know it's nice to win a game, but come on.  The Bengals defense is nothing to write home about, and our offense put up only 23 points (with about 14 of them based off of great field position from our incredible special teams returns.  We had 1 TD off a return and another defensive TD. 

No, we don't need to trade JP.  We need to get an offensive line (as once again we average a whopping 3.2 yards a carry), and allowed 4 sacks to a team that is second to last in the NFL in sacking the QB.

QB is not our problem.  It is actually a strength, but you don't give up on JP.  It's amazing what 1 win will do to some people's outlooks.  It's nice to win, but we are not even close to being able to compete with the big boys yet.  How many times could we not ever GET 1 DAMNED YARD to score a TD.

Don't get 2 excited over this.

541933[/snapback]

JP Losman is no carson palmer and never will be. Palmer is a franchise type qb that can carry a team. Losman is a Jake Plummer type who has mobility and an arm but a qb you build around. I think we can build around holcomb and be just as well off. Losman hasn't proved anything to hand him the offense. I know we "gave up a lot" for him, but if it doesnt start clicking by next year then cut rope

JP Losman is no carson palmer and never will be. Palmer is a franchise type qb that can carry a team. Losman is a Jake Plummer type who has mobility and an arm but a qb you build around.  I think we can build around holcomb and be just as well off.  Losman hasn't proved anything to hand him the offense. I know we "gave up a lot" for him, but if it doesnt start clicking by next year then cut rope

541973[/snapback]

Thank the gods you're not the GM.

Thank the gods you're not the GM.

541974[/snapback]

I can only go off what I've seen, and what I've seen is Palmer is worlds better then Losman in every aspect of the game he was when he came into the league and probably will be 2-3 years form now as well. I'm not a Losman fan, I hope it clicks for him, but He's no Carson Palmer

I can only go off what I've seen, and what I've seen is Palmer is worlds better then Losman in every aspect of the game he was when he came into the league and probably will be 2-3 years form now as well.  I'm not a Losman fan, I hope it clicks for him, but He's no Carson Palmer

541980[/snapback]

And you know this how?

Palmer stunk most of the season last year.

And you know this how?

541981[/snapback]

early yes he had his struggles however as the season progressed he began to get better and better. With good games against the ravens, browns, baltimore, and new england to end the season. A much better completion pct then losman as well in his 1st season.

I'm not saying Losman has to carry our team or be as good as Palmer. I think we build a winning team with an adequate qb. Improve the lines on both sides, and with solid defense and power running limiting us to safe passes and the occasional deep throw I believe Losman will turn out ok, but I dont see how he was worth trading up for. The type of offense Losman could succeed in ala a Jake Plummer isn't something you give up that many draft picks for, and I think by the end of next seaosn if Losman still isn't "Getting it" well then it's been more then enough time.

I can only go off what I've seen, and what I've seen is Palmer is worlds better then Losman in every aspect of the game he was when he came into the league and probably will be 2-3 years form now as well.  I'm not a Losman fan, I hope it clicks for him, but He's no Carson Palmer

541980[/snapback]

Gee, could that be because he played in a big time college football program with professional level coaching? Nah, it has to be how uber-talented he is. ;)

And you know this how?

541981[/snapback]

IMO he was poor but not nearly as bad as JP, over the course of the season. In particular, what you expect from a rookie are great plays mixed with terrible decisions (think early Jake the Snake). With JP I'm not seeing any flashes of spectacular.

IMO he was poor but not nearly as bad as JP, over the course of the season.  In particular,  what you expect from a rookie are great plays mixed with terrible decisions (think early Jake the Snake).  With JP I'm not seeing any flashes of spectacular.

542000[/snapback]

You must have missed the first quarter agaisnt Miami.

Gee, could that be because he played in a big time college football program with professional level coaching?  Nah, it has to be how uber-talented he is.  ;)

541998[/snapback]

Losman had his chance to go to a big time school in UCLA he didn't. I'm not saying Losmans a bum so if it came out that way I didn't mean it. I think Losman has talent to be good in the right system. I just dont see him a franchise savoir just a piece of the puzzle who if built around can be successful.

Losman had his chance to go to a big time school in UCLA he didn't.  I'm not saying Losmans a bum so if it came out that way I didn't mean it.  I think Losman has talent to be good in the right system.  I just dont see him a franchise savoir just a piece of the puzzle who if built around can be successful.

542002[/snapback]

Right now there's ONE franchise savior QB in the game and that's Tom Brady. Even Peyton Manning needs Edgerrin James to have regular success.

Franchise saving QBs come along once in a decade, realistically.

Losman had his chance to go to a big time school in UCLA he didn't.  I'm not saying Losmans a bum so if it came out that way I didn't mean it.  I think Losman has talent to be good in the right system.  I just dont see him a franchise savoir just a piece of the puzzle who if built around can be successful.

542002[/snapback]

Losman did go to UCLA. He left there almost immediately because he thought it would be a mature thing to do, and didn't want all his buddies and family to be always around in his backyard as they attended all his spring practices. He then had his choice of Miami and Tulane after visits there and he chose the smaller school, Tulane.

Back to the original question.  ;)

Holcomb starts next week because MM still thinks he needs to win to keep his job.

After todays win and a 300 + yard game, Mulakey won't sit Holcomb.

542018[/snapback]

Which, IMO, is foolish and short-sighted. But hey, that's just me 0:)

Guest BackInDaDay
Back to the original question.  ;)

Holcomb starts next week because MM still thinks he needs to win to keep his job.

After todays win and a 300 + yard game, Mulakey won't sit Holcomb.

542018[/snapback]

It will be interesting to see two teams of desperados beating the crap out of each other. A team of Jets with their backs to the wall could be a more formidable foe than the high-flying Bengals were.