Bring Dwight Adams BACK!

BillsBabe

How do you know those are the players he wanted and he didn't actually draft the players he did want.  Were you in the draft room looking at the board and listening to the conversations.  That is a HUGE assumption on your part.

I still am waiting to see how you are saying that 2001 was such a good draft.  Look at the stats and where the players are now and tell me how that was a great draft.  1 player out of 6 in the second day is still in the LEAGUE, ONE!!!!!

542411[/snapback]

um, because people in the bills organization basically said as much after the draft and after the end of the 2000 season? i don't have nexus to prove it, but that's what happened. look, you can B word and moan all you want, but you can't possibly be serious in basing a 14 year drafting career on one season. that's just stupid. really.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, if you had read the earlier post I wouldn't have to write it again. I am saying that in the later part of his picks he was not as good as he had been and that bringing him back would not be a good idea. If we are going to replace the current regime then let's move forward not backwards.

I still am waiting to see how you are saying that 2001 was such a good draft.  Look at the stats and where the players are now and tell me how that was a great draft.  1 player out of 6 in the second day is still in the LEAGUE, ONE!!!!!

542411[/snapback]

5 out of 5 first day players are still in the league. don't think that's an easy feat. as for second day players making it, give me a break. go through all of the other teams and tell me how a) how many of their second day guys are still hanging around and b) [and more importantly] whether they are actually any good. 7th round special teams wingmen don't count, by the way. as for the guys who we did draft on day one that year, 2 have played in the pro bowl, and another should be (schoebel). and another got a monster, franchise-level contract from another team who saw him as a franchise left tackle. he's hurt this year, of course, but pretty much every player loses a year at some point due to injury.

Again, if you had read the earlier post I wouldn't have to write it again.  I am saying that in the later part of his picks he was not as good as he had been and that bringing him back would not be a good idea.  If we are going to replace the current regime then let's move forward not backwards.

542414[/snapback]

then how do you explain the 99 draft, which was one of the most productive bills drafts in years?

#94 is not a pro bowl player, don't even try to make that stretch. You want to put him in the same bracket as Freeny, Strahan, Peppers. Those are pro bowl DE's. Schobel is above average and a guy you will win with but he's not a pro bowler. The only reason JJ got big money is because he was the only one available and was over paid, that's why he went to the worst team.

Need I remind you we have a 2nd day pick that is a pro bowl player from a recent draft. That's where the team gets better.

Go to NFL.com and take a look for yourself, there are plenty and 7th rounders that are not only starters but good players.

Teams with better drafts than Bufflalo in 2001:

San Diego, Carolina, Baltimore, Atlanta just to name a few.

542386[/snapback]

Oh, you're a funny, funny guy! Yuk, yuk, yuk... :angry:

San Diego:

Round 1: no pick

Round 2: Rogers Beckett (SS) ...no longer on team (on IR with Cincy)

Round 3: Damian McIntosh (OT)...no longer on team (signed by Fins as a FA)

Round 4: Treavor Gaynor (WR)...out of football

Carolina:

Round 1: Rashard Anderson (CB) 74 careed tackles...apparently out of football

Round 2: Deon Grant (S) Solid guy now with Jacksonville

Round 3: Leander Jordan (OG) now a spot starter with San Diego.

Baltimore:

Round 1: Jammal Lewis (RB) quality pick

Round 1: Travis Taylor (WR) now with the Vikes (42 catches, very Josh Reed-like)

Round 3: Chris Redman (QB)...out of football

Round 5: Richard Mercier (OG)

Atlanta:

Round 2: Travis Claridge (OT) ...not on roster, out of football??

Round 3: Mark Simoneau (LB) ...not on roster, out of football??

Round 4: Michael Thompson (OT) ...not on roster, out of football??

How do you know those are the players he wanted and he didn't actually draft the players he did want.  Were you in the draft room looking at the board and listening to the conversations.  That is a HUGE assumption on your part.

542411[/snapback]

18 posts and you have already become one of the more annoying posters I have ever come across.

Look slappy, if you want to rant and rave and use arguments like those above - then apply it equally across ALL your arguments or JSTFU.

How do you know the guys drafted WERE DA's choices? Were you in the draft room looking at the board and listening to the conversations. That is a HUGE assumption on your part.

DA was not the GM nor was he the HC. He could have very well been a desenting opinion in the "war room" on many of those picks. The fact is - you don't know and neither do I.

Oh, you're a funny, funny guy!    Yuk, yuk, yuk... ;)

San Diego:

Round 2: Rogers Beckett (SS) ...no longer on team (on IR with Cincy)

Round 3: Damian McIntosh (OT)...no longer on team (signed by Fins as a FA)

Round 4: Treavor Gaynor (WR)...out of football

Carolina:

Round 1:  Rashard Anderson (CB)  74 careed tackles...apparently out of football

Round 2:  Deon Grant (S) Solid guy now with Jacksonville

Round 3: Leander Jordan (OG)  now a spot starter with San Diego.

Baltimore:

Round 1:  Jammal Lewis (RB) quality pick

Round 1:  Travis Taylor (WR) now with the Vikes (42 catches, very Josh Reed-like)

Round 3:  Chris Redman (QB)...out of football

Round 5: Richard Mercier (OG)

Atlanta:

Round 1:  no pick

Round 2:  Travis Claridge (OT) ...not on roster, out of football??

Round 3:  Mark Simoneau (LB) ...not on roster, out of football??

Round 4:  Michael Thompson (OT) ...not on roster, out of football??

Ouch! :angry:

But wait a second, what about their day TWO picks? :D

Atlanta:

Round 2: Travis Claridge (OT) ...not on roster, out of football??

Round 3: Mark Simoneau (LB) ...not on roster, out of football??

Round 4: Michael Thompson (OT) ...not on roster, out of football??

Mark Simoneau is on the Eagles

he subbed for Akers for a couple of FGs after Akers pulled his hamstring

Atlanta

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School

1 1 Michael Vick QB Virginia Tech

2 35 Alge Crumpler TE North Carolina

4 99 Roberto Garza C Texas A&M-Kingsville

4 102 Matt Stewart OLB Vanderbilt

5 136 Vinny Sutherland WR Purdue

6 167 Randy Garner DE Arkansas

7 215 Corey Hall S Appalachian State

7 219 Kynan Forney G Hawaii

7 226 Ronald Flemons DE Texas A&M

7 236 Quentin McCord WR Kentucky

Buffalo

1 21 Nate Clements CB Ohio State

2 46 Aaron Schobel DE Texas Christian

2 58 Travis Henry RB Tennessee

3 76 Ron Edwards DT Texas A&M

3 95 Jonas Jennings T Georgia

4 110 Brandon Spoon MLB North Carolina

5 144 Marques Sullivan T Illinois

6 178 Tony Driver FS Notre Dame

6 195 Dan O'Leary TE Notre Dame

6 196 Jimmy Williams CB Vanderbilt

7 214 Reggie Germany WR Ohio State

7 238 Tyrone Robertson DT Hinds CC

Carolina

1 11 Dan Morgan MLB Miami

2 44 Kris Jenkins DT Maryland

3 74 Steve Smith WR Utah

4 106 Chris Weinke QB Florida State

5 143 Jarrod Cooper SS Kansas State

6 175 Dee Brown RB Syracuse

7 211 Louis Williams C Louisiana State

7 227 Mike Roberg TE Idaho

Baltimore

1 31 Todd Heap TE Arizona State

2 62 Gary Baxter CB Baylor

3 92 Casey Rabach C Wisconsin

4 126 Edgerton Hartwell ILB Western Illinois

5 161 Chris Barnes RB New Mexico State

6 194 Joe Maese C New Mexico

7 231 Dwayne Missouri DE Northwestern

San Diego

1 5 LaDainian Tomlinson RB Texas Christian

2 32 Drew Brees QB Purdue

3 67 Tay Cody CB Florida State

4 112 Carlos Polk OLB Nebraska

5 132 Elliot Silvers T Washington

5 139 Zeke Moreno ILB Southern California

7 201 Brandon Gorin T Purdue

7 244 Robert Carswell SS Clemson

Fury, I guess you weren't smart enough to actually read the link you send since the page itself actually says that it's the 2000 draft on the top of the page and the rest of you for just taking his word and not taking a look yourself...pick a better leader next time.

That's the best you can come up with after argueing about the complete wrong thinga and are you going to tell me that you wouldn't take just the 2 top players off any of those drafts over ours. Well, if that's the case, enjoy not sniffing the playoffs.

That's the best you can come up with after argueing about the complete wrong thinga and are you going to tell me that you wouldn't take just the 2 top players off any of those drafts over ours.  Well, if that's the case, enjoy not sniffing the playoffs.

I'm not talking about the top 2 players (and WHAT happened to the 2nd day picks argument?), I'm talking the WHOLE draft. Is that the best YOU can do?

I was talking about the whole draft but since none of our 2nd day picks are in the league (Except for Williams)there is no point talking about that because those other teams obviously did better there, so let's compare apples to apples and talk about the top guys, so if you are not talking about the top guys, you are not talking about anything.