What's the best way to build a O-Line?

Outkast

I personally believe the only position on the o-line worth spending Big Money is LT. There was a thread here a few weeks ago saying that skill positions are more important than o-line and I completely agree. Right Tackle may also be worth a little money, I do not give a damn about guardsa and centres.

541089[/snapback]

Really...

Can you attribute Seattle's dominating offensive line to the fact that they're 12-2?

Is it a coincidence hasselback and alexander are having career seasons?

The draft? Free agency? A great coach? The Bills tried all three and failed miserably. They drafted both Mike Williams and Jonas Jennings. One worked out nicely. The other, well, you know how that is going. They also brought in CV, BA and MG via free agency. TT was signed as a LT and was then moved to C. That doesn't cut it.

McNally was brought to Buffalo as well. His genius as a O-Line coach has been questioned because of the bums he has to work with.

So where do we go from here. IMO I say through free agency, only this time don't do it on the cheap and no converted players please. The Bills need to break the bank on offensive lineman. I don't want to wait for players to develop on the line. We need them to perform at a high level from day one for Willis, Lee Evans and JP's sake.

540813[/snapback]

We are going to need black magic. How can you find six good linemen in one off season? It will take two years of concentrated drafting and free agent signing. I hope Williams is good enough to play guard. Maybe we moght use Vilarial for one more year but I don't see one other useful O lineman on our roster. :flirt:

what about Hutchison from Seattle.  I'd rather grab him than Lecharles Bentley.

541076[/snapback]

If I'm going to put $$$ in the interior OL, I'd rather have a strong C than OG... better value. Hutch is nice, I'd love to have him too :flirt: , but I don't think he leaves the Seahawks.

If I'm going to put $$$ in the interior OL, I'd rather have a strong C than OG... better value. Hutch is nice, I'd love to have him too :flirt: , but I don't think he leaves the Seahawks.

541106[/snapback]

after the catastrophe of this year

all the free cap room must be spent on the OL

Really...

Can you attribute Seattle's dominating offensive line to the fact that they're 12-2? 

Is it a coincidence hasselback and alexander are having career seasons?

541092[/snapback]

How much of Steve Hutchinson's play can be attributed to playing next to Walter Jones? The rest of their o-line is solid, but I wouldn't say spectacular: Robbie Tobeck, Chris Gray and Sean Locklear. I think it was John Madden who said it is better to have a great running back and average o-line than the other way around. As for Hasselbeck Could it be that RECEIVERS ARE ACTUALLY CATCHING THE BALL THIS YEAR?

How much of Steve Hutchinson's play can be attributed to playing next to Walter Jones? The rest of their o-line is solid, but I wouldn't say spectacular: Robbie Tobeck, Chris Gray and Sean Locklear. I think it was John Madden who said it is better to have a great running back and average o-line than the other way around. As for Hasselbeck Could it be that RECEIVERS ARE ACTUALLY CATCHING THE BALL THIS YEAR?

541109[/snapback]

Ask yourself this. Put Hasselback and Alexander behind this formidable offensive line of ours. Bring the whole team and just leave the offensive line as a constant. Are we 12-2 or still 4-10?

BTW

who is that guy in your avatar, looks vaguely familiar

The draft? Free agency? A great coach? The Bills tried all three and failed miserably. They drafted both Mike Williams and Jonas Jennings. One worked out nicely. The other, well, you know how that is going. They also brought in CV, BA and MG via free agency. TT was signed as a LT and was then moved to C. That doesn't cut it.

McNally was brought to Buffalo as well. His genius as a O-Line coach has been questioned because of the bums he has to work with.

So where do we go from here. IMO I say through free agency, only this time don't do it on the cheap and no converted players please. The Bills need to break the bank on offensive lineman. I don't want to wait for players to develop on the line. We need them to perform at a high level from day one for Willis, Lee Evans and JP's sake.

540813[/snapback]

I would start at center. I remember Kent Hull was outstanding. He was a good leader and was reliable and dependable. LT would be a close second.

540813[/snapback]

Ive been saying this for five or six years now that our first five drafts be O-linemen and the rest D-linemen........and spend more money on FA o-linemen also,your bound to hit some home runs.You stop the run first and then give the QB alot of time to throw,Hell, even a raw (deer in headlights)kid like JP might find his third receiver.What the fuk ,were not going to be any good for awhile,I say go for broke with ""OFENSIVE LINEMEN"" with a few sprinkles of d-linemen!!!

1st we need an all new coaching staff (special teams being the exception)

i'd sign bently and possibley hutch in the offseason.  if i don't get hutch i'll grab another guy, possilby an LT.

i see if i can cut and re sign mike williams

draft a day 1, 2nd round at the latest, LT.  Draft other OL day one as well.

putting a couple new QUALIT guys on our line will help everyone

540838[/snapback]

Why the hell would you resign Mike Williams to this team after you've cut him?

Why the hell would you resign Mike Williams to this team after you've cut him?

541319[/snapback]

I can see where he's going with this. If Mike Williams is released we can then resign him at a much lower cost. If he turns out to be good it will be worth it. If he remains a bust, then it won't hurt the Bills to let him go for good.