Worst Fans on the Net?

plenzmd1

Great article. However, I would disagree with this part:

What Jets fans should realize is that this may be the most injured team ever in the most critical areas.

I think the Packers have the claim to fame for this one. They lost their 4th stringer RB on Monday night... And have lost how many other players to injury this year???

I say it all the time when people scream to get rid of TD, MM, DB, etc- the grass is always greener on the other side.

CW

I like Jay Mohr, and this article is pretty funny. Blowing up a jets message message board, but if you insert MM and TD for Herm Edwards, sounds like most posts could be pretty consistant with TSW, including mine :huh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...orts/index.html

539136[/snapback]

that article is so great. after having read this board for years, on the whole we're way kinder than jets fans.

Great article.  However, I would disagree with this part:

I think the Packers have the claim to fame for this one.  They lost their 4th stringer RB on Monday night...  And have lost how many other players to injury this year???

I say it all the time when people scream to get rid of TD, MM, DB, etc- the grass is always greener on the other side.

CW

539176[/snapback]

actually in GB land things are more yellow and green :huh:

I like Jay Mohr, and this article is pretty funny. Blowing up a jets message message board, but if you insert MM and TD for Herm Edwards, sounds like most posts could be pretty consistant with TSW, including mine B-)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...orts/index.html

539136[/snapback]

I can name one coach better than MM

Herm Edwards... Stupid Jets fan

I've never been to a Jets message board, so I don't know how smart those fans are or aren't. But I didn't think the article's author did a good job supporting his point. He gave two reasons for saying the Jets fans were stupid:

- They don't like Herm Edwards

- Someone thought Al Davis pulled Kerry Collins so the Jets wouldn't get Reggie Bush

Clearly, Jay Mohr likes Edwards. But his assumption that those who don't share his opinion are either misinformed or stupid, is, well . . . exactly the problem with most message boards in the first place!

I don't know any reason why Al Davis would be out to get the Jets in particular, but I do think he has at least considered losing a few games between now and the end of the season to help his own team's draft position.

Great line by Jay Mohr:

Jets fans are the worst on the Web, excluding Raiders fans, of course, who are using their data ports to light up their Darth Vader skull bongs.

Considering the Raider fans I saw on TV this past weekend, yep, that's about right. :doh::D:lol:

Mike