My vote for Coach of the Year

Adam

I hate to say it, considering he's with those vile fishies, but he's done more with less than anybody.

Marvin Lewis and Tony Dungy have done magnificent jobs- it takes much more than talent to win, but even though they've exceeded expectations, I think the trouts have exceeded excpectations a lot more.

I hate to say it, considering he's with those vile fishies, but he's done more with less than anybody.

Marvin Lewis and Tony Dungy have done magnificent jobs- it takes much more than talent to win, but even though they've exceeded expectations, I think the trouts have exceeded excpectations a lot more.

536275[/snapback]

what about the coach of the bears, can't remember his name, but he has really pushed that team.

Coughlin should get some votes, as will Marvin Lewis. Dungy probably lost it today. Smith should win.

It's a dumb award, because it's so media driven. The media thought the Bears would stink, and they ended up playing well, so the coach must have done a great job (evn though the media's preseason assessment just could have been BS).

It's a dumb award, because it's so media driven. The media thought the Bears would stink, and they ended up playing well, so the coach must have done a great job (evn though the media's preseason assessment just could have been BS).

536470[/snapback]

Yeah, that's why I don't really like Saban. Just because they tanked last year doesn't mean they're horrible. They probably have as much talent as they did early in the decade when they were winning 10-11 games under Wanny. That and they seem to get lots of dumb penalties whenever I watch them - including the 1st Bills game after a bye week.

There are lots of candidates but I'd probably vote for Shannahan just because I think they're the 3rd best team in their division and yet they're 11-3.

Coughlin should get some votes, as will Marvin Lewis. Dungy probably lost it today. Smith should win.

536470[/snapback]

Disagree how did Dungy lose it today? They are 13-1. 13-1 man.

536275[/snapback]

I would imagine L. Smith will win it, but I agree with you 100%...How in the world the Fish have won 7 Games with that Roster is beyond me...I mean...Do they even have a QB (well I know the guy that burned us for umpteenmillion yards in the 2nd Half was a back-up...He's named after some kinda spice I think...The Starter is a career back-up...well at least recent career...)? :devil:

Anyway, no question Saban has done a hell of a job down there...And it does tell me a College HC who is a proven winner can come in the NFL and get his message across...Should be interesting to see if the Fish can take that next step in 2006...Of coarse they will need a QB eventually, but I get the feeling Saban will have them playing hard every week, and more importantly have them believing in the system...

Makes me like Kirk Ferentz more and more each day... :devil:

No doubt. The man has them in a position to have a winning record in year TWO if their rebuilding.

5 years later, we're one game better than the year we started. Hey, at least our cap numbers look good, right?

:devil:

Hey Tom and Mike, merry f*cking Christmas. Now get the hell out of Buffalo.

Saban was not coming here. Saban for coach of the year? Honestly--that team is like the Bills. So they beat the Jets yesterday---barely. They beat the Bills---barely. They should go 8-8. That team has very good defensive talent. Saban taking a team like that to 8-8 at best 9-7 for coach of the year? Come on! They have one good win all year, at San Diego. Remember they were 3-13 last year and beat the SB champions. Every team is good for one good win out of 16 games.

Saban showed his college nature saying the team doesn't care about winning a few weeks back.

Disagree how did Dungy lose it today?  They are 13-1.  13-1 man.

536527[/snapback]

Let's see 3:00 minutes left your down by 2 and your on SD 23. Lets call a pass play so we can lose 10 and be 3rd and 19+ and out of FG range or run two plays and the worst that can happen is a 35 yd game winning FG and running the clock down in the process.............Yeah he's got my vote.........HE'S GOT THE MOST TALENTED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE...........................

Let's see 3:00 minutes left your down by 2 and your on SD 23. Lets call a pass play so we can lose 10 and be 3rd and 19+ and out of FG range or run two plays and the worst that can happen is a 35 yd game winning FG and running the clock down in the process.............Yeah he's got my vote.........HE'S GOT THE MOST TALENTED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE...........................

536751[/snapback]

Again he's lost one game.

536275[/snapback]

Good point. Let's see......

talent level in Miami vs talent level in Chicago

Hmmm......

Saban was not coming here.  Saban for coach of the year?  Honestly--that team is like the Bills.  So they beat the Jets yesterday---barely.  They beat the Bills---barely.  They should go 8-8.  That team has very good defensive talent.  Saban taking a team like that to 8-8 at best 9-7 for coach of the year?  Come on!    They have one good win all year, at San Diego.  Remember they were 3-13 last year and beat the SB champions.  Every team is good for one good win out of 16 games. 

Saban showed his college nature saying the team doesn't care about winning a few weeks back.

536685[/snapback]

actually, they have also beaten the Broncos and Panthers, as well as 2 big wins on the West coast in SanDiego and Oakland. They had the PAts beat as well but imploded.

They average over 5 years a carry with an OL which has worse talent than the Bills do.

The Dolpjins are light years ahead of the Bills at this point and teh Bills are going in the wrong direction.