A Very Early Mock

Mikie2times

Great draft.  I agree with most of your assumptions but I'm hoping there will be a combination of Ferguson slipping down and us "slipping up" in the next two games.

I think there are two Tennessee players who may slip down to early third round.  ONe is Jason Allen a top pick who was injured and didn't play this year.  A cornerback, but worth a third pick and, probably a better fit, DT Jesse Maholona.

533052[/snapback]

If Teflon stays, then Allen is a lock since he would be a great injury recovery story.

Even better that he did not play at all last year.

Schobel and Kelsay can't play a 3-4.  They're considered little DE's in a 4-3.

533657[/snapback]

You're probably right on Schobel. After this year, though, I'm not sold on keeping Kelsay as a starter. I know circumstances haven't been the best, but he has disappointed.

You're probably right on Schobel. After this year, though, I'm not sold on keeping Kelsay as a starter. I know circumstances haven't been the best, but he has disappointed.

533861[/snapback]

That is exactly why Mario Williams would be such an intriguing pick. Schobels not a world beater but he'll get you around 10 sacks a year, add Williams on the other side with Kelsey rotating and we could have one of the most talented DE rotations in football, with all of them young and under contract.

If the Bills decide to go this route Sam Adams must be retained, and the likelihood of that happening seems to be directly linked with the fate of our coaches. We don’t know what will happen with MM and JG for next year, but I am pretty sure this team is not getting two starting caliber DT's in 2006 after the first round, and threw FA's, and that’s what we will need if Adams leaves.

One more thing the Bills would need to do if they targeted Williams is address the OL threw FA's. Luckily for us much more talent exists in FA in this area then DT. Even if we make the FA upgrades to the offensive line I would still like to draft a couple G's early to ensure our post Rueben Brown LG problems will come to an end sometime soon.

Not bad.  I really like Ngata too.  I see you dont draft a CB.  Do you think the Bills franchise Clements?  I am hoping so.  Also no WR until late.  Do you think that will be addressed thru Free Agency since in all likelyhood Moulds will be gone

532842[/snapback]

I'd like to franchise and trade clements- mid rounder this year, high pick next year. It takes more than 1 year to build a champion!

Interesting ideas but the reality is that you will not be able to make all of the moves that most of you think in order to pick up extra picks. It's best to just start with this 'very early mock' with the picks that we know we'll have and wait to see what the league gives in compensatory picks later and add to the plan.

Before I give you the picks I have to preface it with the fact that Peters will be moved to LT, MW will restructure his contract and like it or not he is not as bad of a player as he's been made out to be on these boards. And the final piece will be signing LeCharles Bentley, adds the toughness that this team needs. Hutchinson will not be available because he WILL get franchised after Seattle works out Alexander's contract. So now we need to do a little upgrading.

1st round - Somewhere in the 6-10 range - Ngata, DT, Oregon

For those of you who didn't stay up late to watch the Pac 10 games you missed out on seeing a man-child. He has a good motor, is powerful, collapses the pocket versus double teams and is a space eater against the run that can get off blocks to make plays. An instant upgrade for our defense and will get better with technique work.

2nd round - 38 to 42 range - Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma

He has not played as well in 2005 at LT but if you want to see a road grader that can clear space for a running game and still hold up at the point against a pass rush, watch him in last year's national championship at RG.

*Jean-Gilles, Georgia would be the other pick depending on who is on the board but would be at LG.

3rd round (TEN) - 69 to 75 range - Roman Harper, SS, Alabama

A big time hitter that plays sideline to sideline and forces the action.

*Greg Blue, Georgia - Same guy just more of a rish taker, if Harper isn't there

3rd round - 70 to 76 range - Parys Harralson, DE/LB, Tennessee

He is what Posey is supposed to be. Sam LB on 1st & 2nd down and pass rusher on 3rd down. He is an undersized DE for them that is a former LB, that is explosive off the edge.

*Manny Lawson, DE, NC State - Similar but doesn't have the nasty streak

4th round - 102 to 107 range - Kelly Jennings, DC, Miami

Has good size, speed and cover skills, will be a much needed upgrade to move McGee inside on nickel situations or a replacement for Nate.

*If a DC is addressed in free agency than I would go with a different guy from the "U" - Rashad Butler, OT - You can NEVER have too many athletic big guys.

5th round - the spot will really be dependant on the # of compensatory picks so it's too hard to speculate from here on out. Taitusi Lutui, OG, USC

Massive blocker that will help pave the way for Willis' 1500 yds.

*If he's gone than I would take Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame - Need a new big WR to take EM's spot and Stovall can fill that need and be a big target in the redzone.

6th round - Titus Adams, DT, Nebraska

A big athlete that improved all season and is better than the more publicized Smith

*Marcus Hudson, FS, NC State - Will battle Baker to be the guy next year.

7th round - Has to be a project player that if he pans out is a big hit because there are not a lot of 7th round guys getting a lot of snaps in the league - Tavaris Jackson, QB, Alabama State - Big athlete that can be developed to be the back up.

There will be a couple of additions because we will receive a couple extra picks for Pat and Jonas, but this will work for the 'very early mock.' For those of you that just read what the media feeds you as to who the good players are, go back and look at what 'they' have said in the past and see who the good players really are. If you haven't seen a kid play don't assume he can just because someone's mock draft says so, watch how many times Kiper will change his, he is far from an expert. Do your own homework before you start bashing someone else's.