TD had to hire Mularkey...................

COACH85

TD goes with his heart, not his head like he should. Mularkey got the job on his Pittsburgh connection. Trading two good draft picks including a #1 for Bledsoe has set this franchise back. Bledsoe is a decent servicable QB but he wasn't worth the draft picks and salary cap room we gave up. We could have kept either Winfield or Williams with that Bledsoe money. Although Bledsoe had a great game today, he usually bites the dust during big games as we all have witness so many times.

Yes, TD has managed the cap well but his drafts have been inconsistent and his failure to address our offensive line needs year after year has once again led to a terrible running game and no protection for our QB. I thought Losman was going to get decapitated today. The poor kid was running for his life out there. No wander he has a hard time completing passes. Heck, we don't even have a TE who can catch a ball.............even for just a 5 yard gain.

Why do you think we were so successful during our Super Bowl years............because we had a great Off. Line to go with our awesome position players (Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Lofton, etc..) THE GAME IS WON UPFRONT!

We had Polian and Butler to thank for that. How did Ralph ever let egos get in the way and let those two go? We have one of the worst, if not THE worst Offensive lines in the league................I'm including the TE with that assessment!

Sometimes I think that McGahee surprise draft pick and the Bledsoe trade on draft day were just done just for TD to get headlines and keep his ego satisfied with all the attention. He misses on a huge #4 draft pick in Mike Williams and 5 years has been more then enough time to get the ship straightened out. Well, the ship has sunk and all the Bills players have jumped off. The reality is we need to get rid of TD, Mularkey, and all the misfits that they have brought with them and start new.

Remember when we had to sit through last years draft and watch while we had no first round pick thanks to TD. Well, now we are going to have a great draft position and hopefully our new management team, whoever they may be...........will bring the Bills back to respectability and finally a championship to Buffalo!

well i hope the next gm keeps some of the coaches.i'd hate to see bobby april leave or tim krumrie or sam wyce and even jim mcnally.as bad as our line is jim didnt sign or draft these guys.we shoulda known something was wrong when td was passing on the likes of marvin lewis,john fox ,charlie weis and even jim fassel.

I agree, if McNally had some more talent to work with and April/Krumrie are kept...........things could be much better. You can only get so much production out of people like Mark Campbell, Euhus, Tim Anderson, Sape, etc...

Those guys just don't cut the mustard.

well i hope the next gm keeps some of the coaches.i'd hate to see bobby april leave or tim krumrie or sam wyce and even jim mcnally.as bad as our line is jim didnt sign or draft these guys.we shoulda known something was wrong when td was passing on the likes of marvin lewis,john fox ,charlie weis and even jim fassel.

528599[/snapback]

TD goes with his heart, not his head like he should.  Mularkey got the job on his Pittsburgh connection.  Trading two good draft picks including a #1 for Bledsoe has set this franchise back. Bledsoe is a decent servicable QB but he wasn't worth the draft picks and salary cap room we gave up.  We could have kept either Winfield or Williams with that Bledsoe money.  Although Bledsoe had a great game today, he usually bites the dust during big games as we all have witness so many times.

528591[/snapback]

Re the Bledsoe trade, on balance I think it was bad. However, people make one common error. Did he cost too much? Absolutely. Did we lose a #1? Yup. But guess what - if we didn't make that trade, that #1 would have cost us first round money. Not as much as Bledsoe probably, but over a million + signing bonus. And if we had gone with Van Pelt it would have been top 5 Mike Williams money, much closer to Bledsoe's salary! So the idea that we could have kept Winfield is a bit simplistic.

TD goes with his heart, not his head like he should.  Mularkey got the job on his Pittsburgh connection. 

528591[/snapback]

Mularkey got the job mainly because of TD's insecurity. He got nixed by Cowher and does not ever want to have a coach that could one day usurp him. Any guy who will direct security to confiscate signs that call for his firing and that point out his disdain for fans who criticise him (so called jerks) obviously has a problem.

VanPelt would never have commanded anywhere near Bledsoe's salary.

I would have preferred to take one step back with Van Pelt at the helm, rebuild through free agency and the draft, and not lose key players to our defense like Pat Williams who should have finished his career in Buffalo. Even a first round pick would be nothing (cost wise) compared to the dough dished out to Bledsoe.........not to mention the fact Bledsoe is on the downside of his career and a first round pick (especially if it was off. line help like we always need) would have been a much better/cheaper/longer investment then Bledsoe. If your gonna give up a first round pick, it better be for something incredibally good. Don't forget, Bledsoe is still taking up alot of dead space in our cap this year due to his ridiculous overpaid salary.

Re the Bledsoe trade,  on balance I think it was bad.  However,  people make one common error.  Did he cost too much?  Absolutely.  Did we lose a #1?  Yup.  But guess what - if we didn't make that trade,  that #1 would have cost us first round money.  Not as much as Bledsoe probably,  but over a million + signing bonus.  And if we had gone with Van Pelt it would have been top 5 Mike Williams money, much closer to Bledsoe's salary!  So the idea that we could have kept Winfield is a bit simplistic.

528618[/snapback]

P.S. Rebuilding doesn't have to take years and years. Look at the Kurt Warner Rams, this years Bears/Bucs, the Panthers a couple of years ago. We should have never mortaged so much of our future for that one average at best, past his prime, overpaid stiff in Bledsoe.

Re the Bledsoe trade,  on balance I think it was bad.  However,  people make one common error.  Did he cost too much?  Absolutely.  Did we lose a #1?  Yup.  But guess what - if we didn't make that trade,  that #1 would have cost us first round money.  Not as much as Bledsoe probably,  but over a million + signing bonus.  And if we had gone with Van Pelt it would have been top 5 Mike Williams money, much closer to Bledsoe's salary!  So the idea that we could have kept Winfield is a bit simplistic.

528618[/snapback]

528599[/snapback]

I personally would hate to see Wyche leave, since 1) judging by Losman's progress Wyche is doing at the very least a decent job (he hasn't screwed him up, at least, which for this staff is !@#$ing stellar), and 2) the best thing for Losman's career is working consistently long-term with a position coach. Basically, there's no reason to get rid of Wyche I can see, but plenty of reasons to keep him.

Hell, maybe he'll get promoted to OC. He sure as sh-- can't be worse than what we have now.

P.S. Rebuilding doesn't have to take years and years.  Look at the Kurt Warner Rams, this years Bears/Bucs, the Panthers a couple of years ago.  We should have never mortaged so much of our future for that one average at best, past his prime, overpaid stiff in Bledsoe.

528970[/snapback]

The Bledsoe trade wasn't the probem. It was giving him a big new contract with big bonus money after he proved he was not worth it.