Interesting Question On Pgh Sports Talk Show...

R. Rich

Psycho Ward 86 and I were watching a show on the Pittsburgh Fox sports channel, and someone asked a question that I just had to share w/ you all.

A guy named 'Ivan' (from Miami; how ironic) called in regards to the Steelers. He asked the host if he thought that the Steelers' drafts in the past few years have been worse due to the loss of Donahoe (actually, he said Donahue). I almost had a heart attack on hearing that question! The show host just asked the guy how many playoff appearances the Bills have had since Donahoe was hired.

How many was that again?

I'd say the show host isn't too deep of a thinker and just took a cheap shot at the caller. Like TD's drafts or not, a team's record is not = to its drafts. Many other factors are involved. God forbid a radio sports call-in host actually consider a question...give it real thought...and then answer intelligently.

Again, we all know about the "lack of talent" on the Oline. But how much of that is because of lack of coaching. Williams was projected a top 5 guy when drafted. Bennie Anderson was opening major holes in Baltimore for Lewis. Tell me again how Lewis is doing this year?

Everyone thinks Mcnally is the savior, but he was rode out of NY after the faliars there, and other then "coaching" Munuz, who I probably could have been named his coach and he still would have been in the HOF.

Sorry, but everyone is taking things out on Donahoe for talent and players, but overall he has done okay. Parrish, I believe was a Mularkey demand to have a Randal El type. beyond that Donahoe hasn't done bad. Reed is a #3 receiver, not exactly the #2 expected but when healthy he gets open and for most games hangs onto the ball.

I believe Donahoes biggest failure is his unwillingness to bring in strong coaches.

Donahoe has brought in good players through the draft and free agency but brought in weak coaches. He had the chance--twice now! to pick the right/better coaches but failed. That, in the end will be his downfall. In a lot of ways he tried to outsmart himself much like our offensive "geniuses" do! Take the safe/smart pick (Fox,Cottrell or the second time Weiss) and things would have been a bit different I think.

... Take the safe/smart pick (Fox,Cottrell or the second time Weiss) and things would have been a bit different I think.

527190[/snapback]

If he felt compelled to take a chance wouldn't have minded having Marvin Lewis instead of GW. Seems to have turned around the Bungals.