If Mularkey's plan was to decoy Moulds

LasBillzz

This is about the dumbest game plan conceived in Bills history. Sure, Evans got some catches. In the first quarter. By the fourth, Mularkey should have known Miami was on to him, and got the ball to his best player.

Let's think about this. Intentionaly keep the ball away from Eric Moulds. He's a decoy. Even when everyone else is shut down. Wait, it's coming to me...there may be some fans on this board who remember another time when the #1 threat on the Bills offense was used as a decoy- John Rauch used none other than OJ Simpson as a DECOY for the pass offense in 1970. Think about how insane that was- the Bills won 3 games that year. Lou Saban comes in, gives the the ball to Simpson, and he ends up in the Hall of Fame.

Eric Moulds may be closer to the other end of his career, but he's still a top notch player. The guy trained with Jerry Rice earlier in his career and learned how to train over the long run. I believe Rice was a viable threat into his late 30's. Anyone else here who doubts that Eric Moulds at 32 is a better option than Sam Aiken is just not awake. He will excel for 3 more years at least.

Mike Mularkey is clearly in over his head. Players at the NFL have huge egos- nothing new there. Ask Marv. Why can't he get his best DT, Adams, to perform? Why does he exclude his best receiver from the game plan, even with the game on the line? And then try to suspend him when the guy realizes how stupid that gameplan was? Hey Mike, your insecurity is showing.

Anyone who thinks Moulds is a cancer has amnesia. The guy gave his all for 10 years here, when he could have sat out and demanded a trade elsewhere.

He got along with every coach, suffered through every incompetent/green QB,

and finally ran out of patience with the latest green, inept coach.

Can't say as I blame him.

Hmm, let's see. First quarter, 21-0 lead. Moulds leaves in second quarter, Bills still up big. So if Moulds isn't in the game from the second quarter on, how is it that Miami was on to the plan?

Hmm, let's see. First quarter, 21-0 lead. Moulds leaves in second quarter, Bills still up big. So if Moulds isn't in the game from the second quarter on, how is it that Miami was on to the plan?

523672[/snapback]

I think he means they were on to the Losman to Evans connection, and using your #1 reciever might have helped...

I still don't get it. If you're talking about "using" the #1 WR once they were on to the game plan, then you're talking about the second quarter. The second quarter was when Moulds went out. Therefore, we're not using any of the decoy game plan anymore in the second quarter.

So it still sounds to me like the decoy game plan (1st quarter) worked, but the "take Moulds out" game plan (2nd quarter on) didn't.

So is it the decoy game plan that sucked, or the removing Moulds from the field game plan that sucked?