Play of the Game

SouthernMan

Okay, just checkin'. The INT took points away from us for sure but Miami did not score any after the turnover. To me the play of the game was the 57 yard completion on the Fins last possession. When they hit that pass I was singing Good Night Irene.

This coaching staff should be drawn and quartered.

520828[/snapback]

I agree. we need some DT's that can crush the pocket and not allow QB's to have so much time to eat our DB's. Schobel on the end cant do it alone.

So you're saying the 4 yard pass to Evans to make it 21-0 was a bad call then?

520816[/snapback]

That was a third down play after we had run twice from the 10 to get to the 4. In addition, the score was only 14-0 and not out of reach and early in the game. Different situations. But go ahead and keep comparing.

That was a third down play after we had run twice from the 10 to get to the 4.  In addition, the score was only 14-0 and not out of reach and early in the game.  Different situations.  But go ahead and keep comparing.

520835[/snapback]

The guy said we should never pass from the 5 yard line in. I was just checking to see if he thought the 4 yard pass was the wrong call.

The guy said we should never pass from the 5 yard line in. I was just checking to see if he thought the 4 yard pass was the wrong call.

520845[/snapback]

Again different situation. The pass in the 1st quarter is the right call. To call that pass on first down was not a good call. Also, Nick, the best play to call play action is 2nd and short, always. When you have a 2nd and short, every play in the playbook is open as you know you have short yardage situation still on 3rd down.

Guest BackInDaDay

Had we established a running game by that point?

Did we get the Dolphins to commit 7 / 8 guys in the box to take away the run?

I only caught the ESPN hi-lite but it looked like there was a lot of defenders in our backfield quickly. Maybe one of you can confirm if Saban had his DL was in a 1-gap with a run blitz called on that down. I didn't notice the D formation, but I got the feeling they were in a very aggressive posture.

Play-action on 1st and goal shouldn't result in a turnover.

JP made a bone-header throwing off his backfoot into traffic, but where's the coaching? You send a play like that in thinking... this will catch them if they're staying home (2-gap) and bringing their backers up fast. But listen JP, if there's penetration, eat it!

Not a bad call for an experienced QB with the discipline to live to fight another day. This coaching staff needs to be more explicit. If they warned Losman when they sent that in, my apologies. If not, why not?