If the Bills moved out of Buffalo , and New York..

IF the Bills moved , would you stay a fan?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. IF the Bills moved , would you stay a fan?

• YES
    • NO

/Rant begins:/

The people who voted "yes" are probably not true fans. A sports team's identity lies with the community it represents, not the players or uniforms or past successes or all that other garbage. You're a fan of the Bills because you're a fan of the WNY community. There is no other legitimate reason (IMO). I've never been a fan of the candy-assed no-contact sports leagues like the steroid-loaded MLB or the gangsta wannabe NBA, but now I'm starting to think it actually has more to do with the fact that those pro leagues have no Buffalo teams.

So obviously...I voted "no." My refusal to watch would extend to the NFL in general and not just the LA Bills. Allowing Cleveland to move to Baltimore, allowing Benson to !@#$ with New Orleans, allowing Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder to own teams, "just give it to 'em," Bruschi soap opera.... this sh-- is almost unbearable even WITH a Buffalo franchise...a CRAPPY Buffalo franchise.

No, if the Bills move to LA, it's just the Sabres and the NHL for me. And with the way the NHL cleaned up its act this year, that's not such a bad thing.

/Rant ends./

I am note sure I could even continue to be a fan of the NFL.

Yep, I'd watch Cricket before I'd watch another NFL game if the Bills moved...and Cricket is the game that was invented to make all other sports look interesting.

It's not so much the team, as it is the name. Buffalonians are proud people, and team has always reflected that...until recently. We endured bad weather, lousy politics, the 2 and 14 years and four super bowl losses, but the people and the team came through. If the Bills left Buffalo, I would stop watching football and start reading books again.