Wow - Texas

Webster Guy

Texas is for real. College football fans already know this. They slipped a little against A&M (some say Vince Young lost the Heisman in that A&M game).

USC has had amazing moments this year. But their "squeaked out" win at home versus Fresno State (Reggie Bush gets over 500 total yards and the game still goes to final moments) wasn't impressive.

USC has been inconsistent this year, as great as they can be. Texas is a force.

If Texas can't stop reggie Bush, USC wins that game within 10 points. If Texas's defense lets Bush get his carries, but doesn't allow the crazy LONG breakaway runs by Bush, then Texas wins. Either way, Texas scores 40-50 points against USC (hey Fresno did it).

I suspect the over/under in that game will be 75 points.

USC defense has allowed a lot of points and yards but to their credit, they get the turnover or hold a team to a FG when they need to at the end.

Can't wait to see that game.

Texas is for real.  College football fans already know this.  They slipped a little against A&M (some say Vince Young lost the Heisman in that A&M game).

USC has had amazing moments this year.  But their "squeaked out" win at home versus Fresno State (Reggie Bush gets over 500 total yards and the game still goes to final moments) wasn't impressive.

USC has been inconsistent this year, as great as they can be.  Texas is a force.

If Texas can't stop reggie Bush, USC wins that game within 10 points.  If Texas's defense lets Bush get his carries, but doesn't allow the crazy LONG breakaway runs by Bush, then Texas wins.  Either way, Texas scores 40-50 points against USC (hey Fresno did it).

USC defense has allowed a lot of points and yards but to their credit, they get the turnover or hold a team to a FG when they need to at the end.

518506[/snapback]

They are running up the score against a crappy team. What is so impressive about that? Colorado is a joke. Texas is classless. I can't wait until USC waxes Texas. The Football Gods will not look kindly upon this score.

They are running up the score against a crappy team.  What is so impressive about that?  Colorado is a joke.  Texas is classless.  I can't wait until USC waxes Texas.  The Football Gods will not look kindly upon this score.

518512[/snapback]

What were they supposed to do, start taking a knee in the 2Q? Texas let up big in the 4Q; they didn't score at all. And as far as 'classless' goes, that book was written, edited and published at Colorado. You couldn't run up the score enough on that team to suit me.

Very impressive win for Texas. Go Horns....beat SC!

Texas is for real.  College football fans already know this.  They slipped a little against A&M (some say Vince Young lost the Heisman in that A&M game).

USC has had amazing moments this year.  But their "squeaked out" win at home versus Fresno State (Reggie Bush gets over 500 total yards and the game still goes to final moments) wasn't impressive.

USC has been inconsistent this year, as great as they can be.  Texas is a force.

If Texas can't stop reggie Bush, USC wins that game within 10 points.  If Texas's defense lets Bush get his carries, but doesn't allow the crazy LONG breakaway runs by Bush, then Texas wins.  Either way, Texas scores 40-50 points against USC (hey Fresno did it).

518506[/snapback]

I'm really excited to watch a USC/TEXAS national title game. I don't think this years USC team is one of the all time greats, but offensively they might just be the best ever. This is a team that might have two thousand yard receivers, and two thousand yard RB's, and a guy at QB who's already got one Heisman. You just can't stop them for any extended period of time, and if Texas tries to win a shootout they'll be playing into USC's strength.

If Texas follows the ND blue print they have the players to keep up with USC, I just don't see them matching up well. As Blue Fire will attest I hated on Texas pretty bad earlier in the year, IMO the Big 12 is just a joke this season. That said you don't dominate like they have without being a very good team. Vince Young is a big part of that, but he is a still a player that will turn the ball over at times, and while USC isn't the best defensively they do force a lot of turnovers.

Last year USC also looked beatable at times, that’s what happens when you have a bull’s eye on your chest for 3 straight years. Still after more then one close call the end result was a dominating performance in the NC game against Oklahoma. Who's to say USC doesn't do the same thing again? Regardless it should make for great entertainment, but first things first, USC needs to take care of its cross town rival.

Strange, people accusing Texas of running up the score, and we only scored 4 more points then USC.

We didn't score at all in the 4th quarter.

We didn't go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter.

We didn't throw more than one pass in the 4th quarter.

We weren't playing our starting QB in the 4th quarter.

Yet, USC did all of those things. Why weren't they accused of running up the score?

Anti-Texas bias is "Dawgged".

Strange, people accusing Texas of running up the score, and we only scored 4 more points then USC.

We didn't score at all in the 4th quarter.

We didn't go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter.

We didn't throw more than one pass in the 4th quarter.

We weren't playing our starting QB in the 4th quarter.

Yet, USC did all of those things.  Why weren't they accused of running up the score?

Anti-Texas bias is "Dawgged".

518648[/snapback]

You forgot:

-Leinart was throwing DEEP in the 4Q

-Carroll basically stated at halftime that they intended on running up the score.

p.s. the line is out. USC by 6

The fact that both these teams felt they had to run up the score shows a great flaw in the ranking systems.

I think running up the score like both teams did is totally bush and classless. <_<

518658[/snapback]

How does one run up the score when they don't score since halfway through the 3rd quarter, and purposely stop scoring?

:P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.