just thinking...

frogger

reduce the saleries of Mike meatball williams, and eric Moulds, saving an est 6 million while keeping them on the team. Okay Meatball is having a hard time on the left side, could we move Chris V over to the left side? So meatball can have his way?

Sign free agent Jeff Backus with left over money, he is not a great LT, but he is the best in the market this year, and I think he would love to get out of detroit, even if he played college at Michigan. Any word on the signing of ross Verba? Since he was off a year, TD is licking his chops to sign him :D

resign Clements...has to be done.

not sure where we stand cap wise at this point, but assuming the deal for backus only cost around 3 million the first year, we should be in okay shape....

CUT POSEY!!!! I have been saying this for the last 2 years that he is the weakest link on our defense, he gets knocked back and he is horrible in coverage.

Arrington is on the out in washington, maybe the pinkskins would to part ways? maybe for a 3rd rounder? he has been healthy this year, and he and the coaching staff have not seen eye to eye. since they take his bonus he wouldn't cost us more than 3-4 million a year, we could also resign him and and extend his contract.

then draft

1. Haloti Ngata-best DT in the last two years

2-Tye Hill-he is up for the thorpe award, but i think he falls into the 2nd round on draft day.

3-Maurice Stovall-questionable hands, but great size, young qbs need big WR....see Eli manning...don't see ben Rothksfgahfaberger.

other 3-traded

4-James Wyche DE, with good size/speed and has a lot of experience after playing for the SU defense this past year. has the potential to get bigger and play Left or right end

after that draft speed.

and I like our odds.

reduce the saleries of Mike meatball williams, and eric Moulds, saving an est 6 million while keeping them on the team.  Okay Meatball is having a hard time on the left side, could we move Chris V over to the left side? So meatball can have his way?

Sign free agent Jeff Backus with left over money, he is not a great LT, but he is the best in the market this year, and I think he would love to get out of detroit, even if he played college at Michigan.  Any word on the signing of ross Verba?  Since he was off a year, TD is licking his chops to sign him :D

resign Clements...has to be done.

not sure where we stand cap wise at this point, but assuming the deal for backus only cost around 3 million the first year, we should be in okay shape....

CUT POSEY!!!!  I have been saying this for the last 2 years that he is the weakest link on our defense, he gets knocked back and he is horrible in coverage.

Arrington is on the out in washington, maybe the pinkskins would to part ways?  maybe for a 3rd rounder? he has been healthy this year, and he and the coaching staff have not seen eye to eye.  since they take his bonus he wouldn't cost us more than 3-4 million a year, we could also resign him and and extend his contract.

then draft

1. Haloti Ngata-best DT in the last two years

2-Tye Hill-he is up for the thorpe award, but i think he falls into the 2nd round on draft day.

3-Maurice Stovall-questionable hands, but great size, young qbs need big WR....see Eli manning...don't see ben Rothksfgahfaberger.

other 3-traded

4-James Wyche DE, with good size/speed and has a lot of experience after playing for the SU defense this past year.  has the potential to get bigger and play Left or right end

after that draft speed.

and I like our odds.

517000[/snapback]

Stovall has questionalble hands?

I dont remeber any drops from him except for one against michigan State.

reduce the saleries of Mike meatball williams, and eric Moulds, saving an est 6 million while keeping them on the team.  Okay Meatball is having a hard time on the left side, could we move Chris V over to the left side? So meatball can have his way?

517000[/snapback]

Why would Mike Williams take a pay cut ? Especially the kind of cut you are

suggesting...If he gets cut (if he doesn't take a pay cut), then there will be

some team in this league that will be willing to throw money at him...

(Remember Wiley was cut by the Chargers after 2 seasons and he still

got a 4M Signing to play for the cowboys). If he stays here and takes

a pay cut, the guy still is not guaranteed a starting job at Tackle...I don't

think Mike Williams wants to play Guard....If I think right, MW is going to

ask for a release in the off-season, if he is not going to play the Tackle

position. May be the only way is to give MW his spot back at RT if he

will take a considerable pay-cut.