NFL tells Seattle sorry?

Mile High

Article  I noticed that this year especially more than any other year the refs are controlling the destiny of the game way too much.  They aren't letting the players play and are making bullsh!t calls at critical times of the game.

516334[/snapback]

Not so fast...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SEA/9068640

Mike Holmgren is a liar and needs to shut up about a game that his team should have lost three times. Nothing like being a poor winner you fat head.

Gee, where have we heard this before. Team gets screwed out of a win by the incompetence of officials. They send tape of the plays to the NFL. They say they heard back from the NFL, apologizing for mistakes made, then the NFL denies ever admitting screwups were made. It sounds to me as if the NFL has a unwritten rule that teams cannot make public any league apology for officials' bad calls. To do so brings an automatic denial that any apology was made. It is all about the league maintaining the myth of the reliability of its officials.

...or the NFL is lying.

Linky

517113[/snapback]

"On Tuesday, the NFL issued the following statement: "Our officiating department never discussed with the Seahawks the Amani Toomer touchdown reception, which was properly called. The Jeremy Shockey touchdown catch at the end of the first half was not overturned because the referee determined that there was insufficient visual evidence to reverse the call."

The NFL has no reason to lie, they've admitted officiating mistakes in public before and they'll do it again in the future. I believe that Holmgren misconstruded whatever talks he had with the NFL. He wants everyone to believe that the Seahawks really are a dominating team even though they aren't.

The NFL has no reason to lie, they've admitted officiating mistakes in public before and they'll do it again in the future. I believe that Holmgren misconstruded whatever talks he had with the NFL. He wants everyone to believe that the Seahawks really are a dominating team even though they aren't.

517115[/snapback]

...and what is the reason for Holmgren lying? Your personal bias against him?

...and what is the reason for Holmgren lying? Your personal bias against him?

517117[/snapback]

I gave you his reason...

"...He wants everyone to believe that the Seahawks really are a dominating team even though they aren't."

He was embarassed at the way his team won. BTW, I could give a rats @ss about him.

I gave you his reason...

"...He wants everyone to believe that the Seahawks really are a dominating team even though they aren't."

He was embarassed at the way his team won. BTW, I could give a rats @ss about him.

517121[/snapback]

Sorry, I can't get my tinfoil hat on tight enough to buy into your reasoning.