Kevin Everett

COACH85

Is there any news on Kevin Everett? I know we don't use the TE in our offence which still bothers me, but I would love to see him get some touches with the ball.

He is suppose to be big, fast, and great hands. Our present TE's are the worst in the league and we haven't had a really good one since the Jim Kelly days.

Any info on whether he will be activated or not would be of great interest. There was suppose to be a decision by the end of this month I think. As long as he would not risk reinjuring his knee, I'm dying to see him in action and give us another threat that we sorely need on offence.

Is there any news on Kevin Everett?  I know we don't use the TE in our offence which still bothers me, but I would love to see him get some touches with the ball.

He is suppose to be big, fast, and great hands.  Our present TE's are the worst in the league and we haven't had a really good one since the Jim Kelly days. 

Any info on whether he will be activated or not would be of great interest.  There was suppose to be a decision by the end of this month I think.  As long as he would not risk reinjuring his knee, I'm dying to see him in action and give us another threat that we sorely need on offence.

515696[/snapback]

Given the team's current record, I'd be surprised to see him suit up this season. Also, I think there's a deadline this week about PUP players and IR status...not sure.

Is there any news on Kevin Everett?  I know we don't use the TE in our offence which still bothers me, but I would love to see him get some touches with the ball.

He is suppose to be big, fast, and great hands.  Our present TE's are the worst in the league and we haven't had a really good one since the Jim Kelly days. 

Any info on whether he will be activated or not would be of great interest.  There was suppose to be a decision by the end of this month I think.  As long as he would not risk reinjuring his knee, I'm dying to see him in action and give us another threat that we sorely need on offence.

515696[/snapback]

LOL. Even Jerry Rice in his prime can't help this offense. Here's a hint: our troubles lie elsewhere. Look into it. :rolleyes:

LOL.  Even Jerry Rice in his prime can't help this offense.  Here's a hint:  our troubles lie elsewhere.  Look into it.    :rolleyes:

515743[/snapback]

Though I know what you're getting at -- and you're right, the line is the problem -- an open Kevin Everett as safety valve means there is another physical receiver that the defense has to think about, one who is also capable of helping out in blocking situations.

I don't think that should be underestimated, and he surely was/is part of their plans. It's like, "now what?" You can't go out and sign a FA replacement, you've got the guy on the roster next year, you just committed to a fairly high draft pick. At the same time, you're stuck with what you had last year. Hence no improvement with the TEs.

On a semi-related topic, people joke about how losing the "gimmick midget receiver" Parrish didn't really make much of a difference, and how he hasn't been much of a presence. (I think he made big steps on Sunday, BTW.) I think they're dead wrong. You can't measure what JP lost when Roscoe went down. He was making connections with JP all preseason. He was certainly part of their plans, and suddenly, he was gone. I really believe it hurt Losman's development and decision-making as he entered his first season as a starter.

This season for the Bills has been all about what happens when personnel go down or don't fit in. The response, obviously, has been more than lacking in most areas.

I don't know about good hands, I've seen him drop a wide open pass in the end zone like his name is josh reed before. But speed he has, and he is a tough blocker.

and i thought Jay R, was a good TE. Bobby collins had potential. Hell I'd take Lonnie right now

T

On a semi-related topic, people joke about how losing the "gimmick midget receiver" Parrish didn't really make much of a difference, and how he hasn't been much of a presence.  (I think he made big steps on Sunday, BTW.)  I think they're dead wrong.  You can't measure what JP lost when Roscoe went down.  He was making connections with JP all preseason.  He was certainly part of their plans, and suddenly, he was gone.  I really believe it hurt Losman's development and decision-making as he entered his first season as a starter.

515775[/snapback]

Yes, I think he will see a lot of action in the remaining games. I can't say JP lost much - being wet behind the ears himself and pre-season being just that. A rookie wide-out wising up a near-rookie qb - I can't buy that.

But Roscoe was their top pick, and at a position where such usually see a fair amount of play. Hoping for the best for the youngster.

Yes, I think he will see a lot of action in the remaining games. I can't say JP lost much - being wet behind the ears himself and pre-season being just that. A rookie wide-out wising up a near-rookie qb - I can't buy that.

515781[/snapback]

I wouldn't say he "wised him up" but I would say he provided a dependable target. That tends to make a QB better. And it also tends to draw coverage toward that target, perhaps leaving some of your other receivers uncovered.

It doesn't matter who our tight end is - Mularkey doesn't use TEs in his offense.

515882[/snapback]

| Mark Campbell | 12 | 17 203 11.9 5 |

| Tim Euhus | 12 | 11 98 8.9 2 |

| Ryan Neufeld | 16 | 6 61 10.2 0 |

34 receptions to te's. What you see is what you get. None of these people would be used any differently on any other team. Mark Campbells career high in receptions is 34 a career high in 2003. Averaging out to a full 16 game season last year he would've had 23 catches. Do you want mularkey to have his qb's throw passes to ryan neufeld? None of these te's are guys who you can use consistently as a receiving threat. Campbell I think would provide a decent redzone target, but he's not a te that will give you 40-50 receptions a year.

Now onto Kevin Everett. Everett brings a much different aspect to the game then any of the te's currently on our roster. He's faster then all of them for one, way more athletic, on paper he brings the dimensions of the prototypical te of todays nfl. Has the speed to split the seems, and to lineup at wr, ala antonio gates/gonzalez/shockey and gives a qb a reliable option when his 1st or 2nd read isn't open and has to get rid of it. We'll find out how much mularkey uses the te in this offense with everett.

It doesn't matter who our tight end is - Mularkey doesn't use TEs in his offense.

515882[/snapback]

Mularkey has never had a top receiving TE to work with, so I don't think we can automatically assume that he would not find a way to use one in his offense. Guys like Campbell, Euhus and Mark Bruener aren't going to scare anyone and aren't guys that you feature in a passing game.