For the first time in 15 years

Bowl Winner

This team is just beyond comprehension. We have excellent receivers and a great running back, I even believe Losman can be good. But our O line provides no protection, and no running lanes.

The O line is clearly the problem on offense as demonstrated by Bledsoe’s success this year in big D. In Dallas the line is pretty good. In Buffalo it sucks. It’s pretty easy to see why though. We took a mediocre tackle and asked him to play center. Now he's done OK there, but Ross Tucker outplayed him last year, and of course we thought we could do without Tucker. Duke Preston would probably be a better fit at center and he's already shown everyone that he can play. Think about it. That would free up Teague to play the tackle spot that were asking Gandy who is a guard at best to play. They way it is now just doesn’t make sense. Now the Bills are finally saying that Williams is a bust, and that Peters is better. I think Peters can be, but it will take time for him to develop. Big Mike needs to go away if he cannot contribute. We need his money for other players. Anderson was a mistake, but either Preston, or Gandy could fill those shoes. Villarrial is a solid Guard. Since our year is over why not try Teague, Gandy, Preston, Villarrial, and Peters as our starters? My guess is that that would be a pretty good line. Not great mind you, but at least good.

On the D we have problems on the line as well. Nobody talked about getting rid of Krumrie or Gray last year, because we had Pat Williams on the line along with a healthy Spikes. The front seven did a good job with marginal front four talents. Aaron Schobel is the only decent player we have up front and he’s a Phil Hansen clone. He’s no Bruce Smith, but Schobel can play for my Bills any day. Adams is old, fat, and unwilling to do what the coaches ask of him. He can be dominant, but only when he wants to be. Anderson is not bad for a second year man, but he needs time to develop, and Kelsay, and Denny are very average players.

The Linebackers when healthy are good players with the exception of Posey. I have no idea what he does on Sundays, because I never hear anyone talk about him. They talk about Crowell and he’s the backup! Dump Posey and start Crowell in his place next year. The linebackers are also getting long in the tooth. Spikes injury is really a bad one to have at his position. Sam Cowart never came back from that and Dan Marino was never the same as a QB. I hope Spikes can recover, but this injury is a tough one. Either way he has been missed terribly since he went down.

The secondary despite what happened in San Diego is a good one. Milloy and Vincent are at the end of their careers though, and Clements will probably leave so the secondary will need work too. Free agency and the draft is the answer for tthe D Line and secondary. We have no roster talent in the second string that can be the answers.

I like Mularkey. I think he’s a very good coach. Sure Marty Schottenheimer outplayed him, but we all know that Marty has a hell of a lot more years at doing this then Mularkey does, and lets face it, the Chargers talent especially on the lines is just better. I think Mike is a good motivator, and this business of not telling the media about who’s starting is not lame, it just pisses off the media so they try to make him sound bad. Who cares about the friggin media? Outside of Western New York, most of them don’t give a damn about our Bills anyway. You want to get rid of Gray and Clements? I’m all for it, but Mularkey is a good man. If you don’t think so just think about old Gregg Williams and see if you still feel badly about Mularkey.

It bothers me though that I don’t want to listen to sports radio, read the sports section, or even look at my issue of Bills weekly. I hope the front office can turn this around, but I know in my heart it’s going to take several years to do it. Donahoe is responsible for a lot of this, and I think he’s in over his head. I guess Ill just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I don't necessarily feel the same as you on all the topics you brought up, but that was a good post....I enjoyed reading your take. I'm as bummed out as anyone about the Bills.....but there's very little the Bills can do that would completely ruin my interest in football, that's for sure. If I ever catch myself starting to feel that way, I just remember how it feels from February through July!

It also helped to see clips of JPs press conference this week. The guy was talking about how a real man can take an ass kicking now and again, but he always gets right back up and responds. That got me fired up. This is the kind of guy you want to go to battle with. I'm psyched to see him play out the season and hopefully raise his game.

This team is just beyond comprehension.  We have excellent receivers and a great running back, I even believe Losman can be good.  But our O line provides no protection, and no running lanes. 

510854[/snapback]

This "excellent receivers" is a myth...Receivers are excellent if they produce on the field...The leading WR gets 5 catches...but gets 38 yards production...The #2

WR gets 66 yards out of which one is a 42 yarder....Where is a YAC fellows.....Excellent WRs are supposed to convert short catches into long gains..

Look at players like Hines Ward...that is what they do......Even Brady did that

for the 1st 4 years...Only this year, he is going more deep......FOr me excellent

WRs are those that produce under trying circumstances.....

The O line is clearly the problem on offense as demonstrated by Bledsoe’s success this year in big D.  In Dallas the line is pretty good.  In Buffalo it sucks.  It’s pretty easy to see why though. 

510854[/snapback]

Bledsoe stunk up behind the NE line too....the same line that has Brady dominating the NFL for the last 4 years with 3 superbowls....Just as much as

the OL woes are contributed by players, the coaching staff takes the blame for

not gettting them ready....

We took a mediocre tackle and asked him to play center.  Now he's done OK there, but Ross Tucker outplayed him last year, and of course we thought we could do without Tucker.

510854[/snapback]

Tucker was cut because he did not recover 100% from his injury.

Duke Preston would probably be a better fit at center and he's already shown everyone that he can play. Think about it.  That would free up Teague to play the tackle spot that were asking Gandy who is a guard at best to play.  They way it is now just doesn’t make sense. 

510854[/snapback]

Gandy has actullay played ok on the line...He and Teague are the only ones

who have started on the line for all 10 games and he has held his spot ok.

Now the Bills are finally saying that Williams is a bust, and that Peters is better.  I think Peters can be, but it will take time for him to develop.  Big Mike needs to go away if he cannot contribute.  We need his money for other players. Anderson was a mistake, but either Preston, or Gandy could fill those shoes.  Villarrial is a solid Guard. 

510854[/snapback]

Since our year is over why not try Teague, Gandy, Preston, Villarrial, and Peters as our starters? My guess is that that would be a pretty good line.  Not great mind you, but at least good.

510854[/snapback]

Unless we are mathematically eliminated, our season is not yet over...We are

4-6 and 2 games behind the East leader with a head-to-head matchup to come.

This team is just beyond comprehension.  We have excellent receivers and a great running back, I even believe Losman can be good.  But our O line provides no protection, and no running lanes. 

The O line is clearly the problem on offense as demonstrated by Bledsoe’s success this year in big D.  In Dallas the line is pretty good.  In Buffalo it sucks.  It’s pretty easy to see why though.  We took a mediocre tackle and asked him to play center.  Now he's done OK there, but Ross Tucker outplayed him last year, and of course we thought we could do without Tucker.  Duke Preston would probably be a better fit at center and he's already shown everyone that he can play. Think about it.  That would free up Teague to play the tackle spot that were asking Gandy who is a guard at best to play.  They way it is now just doesn’t make sense.  Now the Bills are finally saying that Williams is a bust, and that Peters is better.  I think Peters can be, but it will take time for him to develop.  Big Mike needs to go away if he cannot contribute.  We need his money for other players. Anderson was a mistake, but either Preston, or Gandy could fill those shoes.  Villarrial is a solid Guard.  Since our year is over why not try Teague, Gandy, Preston, Villarrial, and Peters as our starters? My guess is that that would be a pretty good line.  Not great mind you, but at least good.

On the D we have problems on the line as well.  Nobody talked about getting rid of Krumrie or Gray last year, because we had Pat Williams on the line along with a healthy Spikes.  The front seven did a good job with marginal front four talents.  Aaron Schobel is the only decent player we have up front and he’s a Phil Hansen clone.  He’s no Bruce Smith, but Schobel can play for my Bills any day.  Adams is old, fat, and unwilling to do what the coaches ask of him.  He can be dominant, but only when he wants to be.  Anderson is not bad for a second year man, but he needs time to develop, and Kelsay, and Denny are very average players. 

The Linebackers when healthy are good players with the exception of Posey.  I have no idea what he does on Sundays, because I never hear anyone talk about him.  They talk about Crowell and he’s the backup!  Dump Posey and start Crowell in his place next year.  The linebackers are also getting long in the tooth.  Spikes injury is really a bad one to have at his position.  Sam Cowart never came back from that and Dan Marino was never the same as a QB.  I hope Spikes can recover, but this injury is a tough one. Either way he has been missed terribly since he went down.

The secondary despite what happened in San Diego is a good one.  Milloy and Vincent are at the end of their careers though, and Clements will probably leave so the secondary will need work too.  Free agency and the draft is the answer for tthe D Line and secondary.  We have no roster talent in the second string that can be the answers.

I like Mularkey.  I think he’s a very good coach.  Sure Marty Schottenheimer outplayed him, but we all know that Marty has a hell of a lot more years at doing this then Mularkey does, and lets face it, the Chargers talent especially on the lines is just better.  I think Mike is a good motivator, and this business of not telling the media about who’s starting is not lame, it just pisses off the media so they try to make him sound bad.  Who cares about the friggin media?  Outside of Western New York, most of them don’t give a damn about our Bills anyway.  You want to get rid of Gray and Clements?  I’m all for it, but Mularkey is a good man.  If you don’t think so just think about old Gregg Williams and see if you still feel badly about Mularkey.

It bothers me though that I don’t want to listen to sports radio, read the sports section, or even look at my issue of Bills weekly.  I hope the front office can turn this around, but I know in my heart it’s going to take several years to do it. Donahoe is responsible for a lot of this, and I think he’s in over his head.  I guess Ill just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

510854[/snapback]

Nice post. Uninterested in football? I know the feeling.

Not enough energy to respond to your post appropriately.

Great posts all around.

Out here in PatsLand, the Granite State Bills Backers group has fallen all but silent, and attendance at our bar for games is lackluster--and we're up to 48 members just since the beginning of the season.

You can feel the desperation starting to take hold . Members who are pro-Holcomb were sniping at the members wanting the Bills to start building for the future. Wanting Losman to develop into the QB we hope he will be was equivalent to giving up on the season somehow, according to those members.

There are a lot of opinions on this board--many of which propose one specific solution or another ("fire him!" or "move him around" or "bad personnel department"). None of that matters, because what happens on One Bills Drive is the only reality here. So we all have two choices: hope that over the next N years all the pieces come together, or vote with our feet...by NOT making that walk from the lot to the gate.

Holding forth on one's football expertise may make the poster feel important, but changes NOTHING on Sunday. Bills fans know that you take the good, the bad, and the ugly with this team. We're the best in the NFL (ok, maybe second after the Steelers fans) at sticking with our team.

There is a ray of sunlight around here, though. After weeks of looking at local listings and seeing no game or some pointless game televised after the Pats, this Sunday Fox is broadcasting the Bills-Panthers game!

I am planning on donning my McGahee jersey, putting Sean the 11-month-old in his Bills gear, and watching Bills play like there is no tomorrow.

GO BILLS!!!!! Keep the faith.