All this hype about the Chargers

Like A Mofo

I don't believe Willis is part of the 3rd and 4th down package.

506435[/snapback]

Try again, smart guy...

3-10-BUF30 (6:15) (Shotgun) W.McGahee left tackle to BUF 33 for 3 yards (J.Browning).

3-2-BUF45 (14:24) W.McGahee left guard to BUF 46 for 1 yard (J.Siavii, S.Knight). Measurement = fourth down.

4-1-BUF46 (13:57) K.Holcomb up the middle to BUF 39 for -7 yards (R.Scanlon). Fake QB sneak before fake lateral. [pitch out was intended for McGahee]

3-1-KC38 (2:07) W.McGahee up the middle to KC 33 for 5 yards (G.Wesley).

3-1-KC45 (2:08) W.McGahee up the middle to KC 44 for 1 yard (S.Knight; E.Hicks). Measurement = first down.

In fact, he has had 25 carries and 4 receptions on 3rd down. That's obviously just counting the 3rd and 4th's that he touched the ball.

But you go ahead and generalize, professor. :lol:

3-10-BUF30 (6:15) (Shotgun) W.McGahee left tackle to BUF 33 for 3 yards (J.Browning).

3-2-BUF45 (14:24) W.McGahee left guard to BUF 46 for 1 yard (J.Siavii, S.Knight). Measurement = fourth down.

4-1-BUF46 (13:57) K.Holcomb up the middle to BUF 39 for -7 yards (R.Scanlon). Fake QB sneak before fake lateral. [pitch out was intended for McGahee]

3-1-KC45 (2:08) W.McGahee up the middle to KC 44 for 1 yard (S.Knight; E.Hicks). Measurement = first down.

506446[/snapback]

Maybe MM calling the plays has something to do with this....

In fact, he has had 25 carries and 4 receptions on 3rd down. That's obviously just counting the 3rd and 4th's that he touched the ball.

But you go ahead and generalize, professor. dry.gif

Thanks again, student, for helping make my point. On only two of the 5 plays you offered up, was Willis successful at making a first down. That's he's typicallyyanked on 3rd down. Those 5 data points are also probably the best you could find... a shameful and deceitful use of statsics/data. Since I'm a good professor though, and you showed outstanding passion and effort, I'm giving you a D+ for your semester grade. I'd have given you a C if you hadn't dropped theat dry smile in. But, I just cannot, in good conscience, give you an F. I can't fault you as a Bills fan for being over zealous with your apparaisal of Mr. Mcgahee. If he were a running back for the Dolphins and putting up the identical stats, you be bad mouthing him for how bad a RB he is and why is there all this hype over him. :lol:

Wise old professor say "you can't have it both ways".

Thanks again, student, for helping make my point.  On only two of the 5 plays you offered up, was Willis successful at making a first down.  That's he's typicallyyanked on 3rd down.  Those 5 data points are also probably the best you could find... a shameful and deceitful use of statsics/data.  Since I'm a good professor though, and you showed outstanding passion and effort, I'm giving you a D+ for your semester grade. I'd have given you a C if you hadn't dropped theat dry smile in.  But, I just cannot, in good conscience, give you an F.  I can't fault you as a Bills fan for being over zealous with your apparaisal of Mr. Mcgahee.  If he were a running back for the Dolphins and putting up the identical stats, you be bad mouthing him for how bad a RB he is and why is there all this hype over him. :lol:

Wise old professor say "you can't have it both ways".

506489[/snapback]

I love how you pull back in your generalizations...not only do you not admit to being wrong, but you cast the blame back by totally missing the point of the post....The point of my post was not to say how well he does on 3rd but that that there are 3rd and 4th down packages that include #21, which you claimed was untrue.

They may be 3rd in sacks because teams pass more than they would against other teams because the Chargers suck so bad at defending it. More drop backs = more oppurtunities to get sacks.

506207[/snapback]

Or because the other team is playing catch-up, because San Diego has one of the top-scoring offenses in the league, averaging 28 points/game. They've scored 139 points in the first half this season, roughly 16/game. (In comparison, Buffalo has scored 142 TOTAL points. Yikes.)

From the SD press release: "The Chargers have scored at least 17 points in 22 consecutive regular season games, the longest active streak in the NFL..."

I love how you pull back in your generalizations...not only do you not admit to being wrong, but you cast the blame back by totally missing the point of the post....The point of my post was not to say how well he does on 3rd but that that there are 3rd and 4th down packages that include #21, which you claimed was untrue.

Sorry Dan, arguing with your professor is not going to get you a "C" for your semester grade... especially when you missed required reading from another professor post or two. If it were closer to Christmas I might show a little more love.

Also, when you say numbers, are you talking number of missed blocks, number of missed blitz pickups, or number of times the coach removes him on third and 3 or longer?

Mr. McGahee needs to convince Mr. Malarkey and Mr. Clements. When Mr. McGahee can be trusted to blow up a blitzer effectively, convincingly, and consistenly, plus show ability, and realiabilty to catch passes, he will be considered.

Of course Willis is in on 3rd and 4th down...primarily in short yardage situations. But rarely when the offense is looking to pass. Everyone knows that, silly.