Jason Jefferson

NCDAWG

I noticed him later in the game, and he seemed to be holding his own here and there. He was not any worse than any other of the dt's that played and I thought he clogged the middle a little more effectively than bannan or anderson.

Who? How did I miss this? Did we just sign him? I know we didn't draft him....FA? Some sort of cloning experiment beneath the Ralph?

Who? How did I miss this? Did we just sign him? I know we didn't draft him....FA? Some sort of cloning experiment beneath the Ralph?

503102[/snapback]

We signed Jefferson about a month ago off Philly's practice squad. He was drafted in the 6th Round of the draft by the Saints. Here's a link to his NFL.com Draft Profile and his CNNSI.com Draft Profile.

I asked this in another thread but here goes again: why not have Jefferson start next to Big Sam?

503191[/snapback]

....that is a very fair question and one that probably won't be answered this season. One would think JJ and SA would make a formidable tandem in the middle, but maybe the braintrust wanted DT's to compliment each other not mirror each other. That said, how much worse could our rushing D be, if we had infact, experimented with that DT tandem?

I asked this in another thread but here goes again: why not have Jefferson start next to Big Sam?

503191[/snapback]

As IndyMark aludes they Jefferson and Adams are both more 1 gap (ie get to the QB type) DTs and mirror one another and don't compliment. Infact the main reason the Bills benched Adams is they want him to instead stand the line and take on/pick up blockers.

As IndyMark aludes they Jefferson and Adams are both more 1 gap (ie get to the QB type) DTs and mirror one another and don't compliment. Infact the main reason the Bills benched Adams is they want him to instead stand the line and take on/pick up blockers.

Everything I've read says that Jefferson can't get to the QB. He could be the "stay at home" DT while Adams would go after the QB. I'd like to see it anyway, once Adams is healthy.

Everything I've read says that Jefferson can't get to the QB.  He could be the "stay at home" DT while Adams would go after the QB.  I'd like to see it anyway, once Adams is healthy.

503218[/snapback]

From CNNSI: Has growth limitations, yet would be effective as a three-technique lineman or in a system that places him next to a wide-bodied tackle. To me the last part of the sentence says he's a 1 gapper and needs a 2 gapper next to him to suceed.

I think he should be added to the rotation even when Adams returns. bannan and anderson have the weakest set of hands in the NFL, they never man handle RBs like they should be able to. they might be in good position, but they don't make the tackle. If jefferson can that the easy answer is start him. I've yet to see anderson make a solo tackle and it is very frustrating.