Why Jerry Sullivan is a dick. Reason #235

Kelly the Dog

That's because of McKinnie?  Sure it is.  Nothing like seeing Mother Cane defending her own.

Surprisingly, their offense immediately began to suck when Randy Moss was removed.  Hmmm.

500278[/snapback]

No, it's not because of McKinnie. Just pointing out that your premise didn't make sense. You set it up, I knocked it down.

As for the Mother Cane comment, that's not accurate. I didn't support the McGahee pick or the Roscoe pick and I think Everett was overrated as well. McKinnie is the real deal. Maybe if McKinnie would have torn some knee ligaments in college TD would have seen him as a cute enough selection.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could not have said it better myself.

(We agree this time) haha

You have no idea what you're talking about.  McKinnie has underachieved, but he has rare talent, so it's relative.  He's been good, he's been out there EVERY

game and is rounding into elite status at the critical left tackle position.  You had no idea how the guy was playing this year, you were just spouting BS to defend the MW pick.

There WERE doubters of Williams.  He had a bad knee.  He had a weight problem.  His footwork in pass protection couldn't have been much worse.  He was NOT the dominant player in college McKinnie was.  Donahoe got paralyzed by overananlysis, and so did a lot of non-college football watchers like Sullivan.

Your arguments on this subject have been pure nonsense, the only people who have thought that Williams was a better pick than McKinnie have been the kool aid drinking Bills fans who tried to dig up trash articles on McKinnie every time Williams managed to string a few starts together.

Facts are facts.  McKinnie plays LT, Williams is a G or RT.  McKinnie plays every game, Williams watches from the tub.  McKinnie is going to Honolulu this February, Williams is going to the couch at his mama's house with a 50 gallon drum of dead animal slathered in barbecue sauce.  Williams is grossly overpaid,  McKinnie is a good value for a LT.  It is what it is.

I actually like TD, but I'm not going to blow smoke.  I knew McKinnie was the best choice for the Bills, but I didn't HATE the Williams pick because I just placed my faith in Donahoe that he knew what he was doing and Williams would be a better pro than he was in college.  However, it was only a matter of months before it became clear he was not the LT of the future, but a lumbering RT.  He wasn't more than what he looked like on the field Texas, that's ALL he was.

If Williams could have not lived up to being grossly out of shape and not had a series of leg injuries the pick would have at least been productive and I could live with that.  But he is what he is, and worst of all, it turns out that the Mike Williams they drafted was nothing like the gregarious pre-draft fellow he pretended to be.  Turns out, Donahoe got snookered in the interview room again(see Gregg Williams).  Time to face the facts, Williams was a bad pick.  Four years of mostly bad football and DNP's is a pretty fair indicator.  I hope he becomes a great guard and plays here for another decade, but the statute of limitiations is up on defending Donahoe for that cutesy pick.

500062[/snapback]

Again, you've got no idea what you are talking about.

McKinnie held out because the Vikes lowballed him. He was picked at #6 overall, but they were offering him money that was less than the #7 pick. It was that simple. Tom Donahoe, on the other hand, opened the floodgates for Mike Williams and paid him like a true #4 pick.

It doesn't take a sophisticated cost-benefit analysis to determine the outcome.

You have a short memory regarding McKinnie's tenure in the NFL.  Remember how he held out his rookie year?  He may have played every down (no proof...just taking your word for it) but he is hardly an "elite" player now or ever.

So are you saying if TD picked McKinnie that would have been all better?  How would have you reacted when he skipped camp?  Or when he took years to develop into even a passable player?  We as fans label players as duds after one game...one series!  I could only imagine the things that would have been said about McKinnie if we drafted him!

If you knew Mike Williams was going to suck, then give yourself a gold star because you were the ONLY person who had doubts about him.

PTR

500113[/snapback]