Maybe this year will be an opposite of last?

Here's what bothers me about the first game, that the team must have been pumped. So what happens when we're not so pumped?

Find out today maybe?

Last year we started off like a missle only to crach back to earth.  Maybe this year a slow start is a good omen?

Or maybe I shouldn't be drinking this early.  :doh:

36596[/snapback]

I think this is a real possibility. We have a new coaching staff, new offense, and once again for better ot for worse, rookie head coach and OC.

Much as it is stylish to demand perfection right out of the chute, the reality is that there is a fine line between winning and losing in this league these days. I look for the offense to blossom as time goes on, assuming we don't have serious injuries where we don't have depth. Everyone needs to achieve a certain level of comfort during the heat of battle, which is difficult to achieve when you are in meeting rooms and doing reps in OTRs and training camps.

I hope it doesn't take too long, as a team cannot afford to lose too many games early on while they get it together, but that will be the true measure of this coaching staff as well as the players. How long it takes.

Last year we started off like a missle only to crach back to earth.  Maybe this year a slow start is a good omen?

Or maybe I shouldn't be drinking this early.  :doh:

36596[/snapback]

I'm hoping things are much different this week. I just keep seeing Rich Gannon passing for 500 yards on us. :)