Indigo boy from Mars

The Dean

"He could name all the planets of the solar systems and even their satellites. He was showering me with names and numbers of galaxies. At first I found it very frightening, I thought that my son was out of mind, but then I decided to check if those names really existed. I took some books on astronomy and I was shocked to find out that the boy knew so much about this science," Nadezhda said.

Thank god the martians have the same names for the planets and galaxies that we do. Otherwise mom would have figured the kid was talking gibberish like all three year olds.

BTW, what's a meccano?

BTW, what's a meccano?

494611[/snapback]

http://www.internationalmeccanomen.org.uk/

What is Meccano ?

The Meccano System

Meccano was invented by Frank Hornby in 1901. It is a system of metal construction where standardized, preformed, re-usable perforated parts can be attached to each other. Structures and mechanisms can be built. The basic tools are a screwdriver and spanner. No special workshop machinery is required.

The Meccano System consists of a wide selection of strips, girders, wheels, rods, brackets, pulleys, sprockets and gears, electrical parts, motors, and a large range of specialized parts.

The standard hole spacing is ½" or 12.7 mm. The standard thread is 5/32" Whitworth, 32 TPI. The diameter of axle rods is 8 SWG or 0.160" or 4.04 mm. Gears are 38 DP i.e. 38 teeth per 1" diameter.

The name "Meccano" was registered by Frank Hornby on 14th September 1907 at the Design Registry of the UK Patent Office. The registered name is now owned by Meccano SA, Avenue de Saint Exupery, 62100 Calais, France.

The name Meccano has become a household word. The majority of common mechanisms and structures can be constructed, often with a very high degree of precision. Meccano clubs exist in many parts of the world which hold regular Meccano exhibitions.

Meccano can also be used in schools and universities to demonstrated mechanical and engineering principles.

It has an important place in industry where it can be used to advantage to build prototypes as it allows the rapid development and realization of ideas. It also has a place in the laboratory.

Meccano is available from Meccano France, at retail outlets, and at specialized Meccano suppliers throughout the world.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/378...87_Boriska.html

Just remember in Pravada there is no Tass, in Tass no Pravada!

For REAL news check out:

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/

I love reading this in the check out line at the supermarket.

494593[/snapback]

I LOVE your current avatar! :ph34r: Do you have a bigger picture of it?

http://www.internationalmeccanomen.org.uk/

What is Meccano ?

The Meccano System

Meccano was invented by Frank Hornby in 1901. It is a system of metal construction where standardized, preformed, re-usable perforated parts can be attached to each other. Structures and mechanisms can be built. The basic tools are a screwdriver and spanner. No special workshop machinery is required.

The Meccano System consists of a wide selection of strips, girders, wheels, rods, brackets, pulleys, sprockets and gears, electrical parts, motors, and a large range of specialized parts.

The standard hole spacing is ½" or 12.7 mm. The standard thread is 5/32" Whitworth, 32 TPI. The diameter of axle rods is 8 SWG or 0.160" or 4.04 mm. Gears are 38 DP i.e. 38 teeth per 1" diameter.

The name "Meccano" was registered by Frank Hornby on 14th September 1907 at the Design Registry of the UK Patent Office. The registered name is now owned by Meccano SA, Avenue de Saint Exupery, 62100 Calais, France.

The name Meccano has become a household word. The majority of common mechanisms and structures can be constructed, often with a very high degree of precision. Meccano clubs exist in many parts of the world which hold regular Meccano exhibitions.

Meccano can also be used in schools and universities to demonstrated mechanical and engineering principles.

It has an important place in industry where it can be used to advantage to build prototypes as it allows the rapid development and realization of ideas. It also has a place in the laboratory.

Meccano is available from Meccano France, at retail outlets, and at specialized Meccano suppliers throughout the world.

494619[/snapback]

So it's an erector set...... :ph34r:

So it's an erector set......  :doh:

496187[/snapback]

Well, according tho that article: "The name Meccano has become a household word. "

Right...in who's household? Bat Boy's perhaps?