5-2 or 4-3 Defense

nero47

the personnel to switch to a 5-2 defensive alignment using Adams in the middle and peeling an end into zone pass protection as warranted.

How about 3-4.

Have Sam playing every third down Situation, and moving other Dline players in and out on first and second downs, mixing with Sam to keep the opposition off balance.

5-2? Doubtful. Denney, Kelsay, and Schobel have had their moments dropping back in coverage, but I wouldn't want to see them doing so on a regular basis, especially when they cannot generate a decent pass rush as it is.

3-4? No. Our DEs have looked pretty bad @ the point of attack against the run this year. If they play a 3-4, they'll be playing to the ends' weakness on just about every play. That, plus the lack of quality depth for the ILB positions make this a bad idea.

5-2?  Doubtful.  Denney, Kelsay, and Schobel have had their moments dropping back in coverage, but I wouldn't want to see them doing so on a regular basis, especially when they cannot generate a decent pass rush as it is.

3-4?  No.  Our DEs have looked pretty bad @ the point of attack against the run this year.  If they play a 3-4, they'll be playing to the ends' weakness on just about every play.  That, plus the lack of quality depth for the ILB positions make this a bad idea.

486890[/snapback]

Thanks I don't get to see many games this year. Can't get out to the Pub in Daytona.