Make Your Playoff Scenario

bartshan-83

The college football regular season can then be viewed as a playoff because if you get 1 loss during the year then season is basically over. But I know ... their can be multiple undefeated teams.

I think things will sort themselves out in the end. I dont see Texas losing another game cause they play the easy portion of their schedule aka the BIG 12. Va Tech plays Miami next weekend, at Virginia and a possible date with Florida State on a neutral field down the road. USC plays UCLA, Fresno St and at Cal down the road. There are some possible losses on the schedule.

I see no way possible that Georgia or Alabama will stay undefeated. They both have to many injuries. Even though Florida is playing crappy, it wouldnt surprise me if they beat a Shockley-less Georgia this weekend. Alabama has been squeaking by the last couple weekends and it is bound to catch up with them.

I'd say an 8-team playoff. Hell, even use the BCS rankings to determine the 8 teams that make it in. Rotate the bowls for the national championship game.

Also, i agree with the original post that no rankings should be made until at least week 6. Its BS to watch a team struggle up through the rankings, because they were ranked so low at the start of the year, before any games had been played. It's comparable the NFL saying that NE and Philly have the tie breaker over anyone because they made it to the Super Bowl last season.

Also, i say use the BCS to detemine the 8 teams, because, unlike the damn polls, in the BCS, A LOSS MEANS THE SAME NO MATTER WHEN IT HAPPENS i HATE THIS CRAP OF AN EARLIER LOSS MEANIGN LESS THAN A LATER IN THE SEASON LOSS!

Also, i say use the BCS to detemine the 8 teams, because, unlike the damn polls, in the BCS, A LOSS MEANS THE SAME NO MATTER WHEN IT HAPPENS i HATE THIS CRAP OF AN EARLIER LOSS MEANIGN LESS THAN A LATER IN THE SEASON LOSS!

488867[/snapback]

2/3ds of the BCS are polls. :doh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.