35 seconds left in the half

bleedinblue

why not slip JP in. His arm is better than Holcomb's and he could likely avoid the rush. Just let him get lose and chuck one downfield. By the way, according to MM's interview we did throw long (I must have missed it) and calling a long pass and getting sacked or having no one get open counts also.

why not slip JP in.  His arm is better than Holcomb's and he could likely avoid the rush.  Just let him get lose and chuck one downfield.  By the way, according to MM's interview we did throw long (I must have missed it) and calling a long pass and getting sacked or having no one get open counts also.

485429[/snapback]

We've seen Losman "chuck one downfield." He misses receivers.

We've seen Losman "chuck one downfield." He misses receivers.

485438[/snapback]

No one asked him to throw TO someone, heft one downfield and let Moulds and Evans get under it. Throwing downfield in one thing Holcomb cannot do, he does have a weak arm for the NFL.

Take a look at what Drew did yesterday with Dallas at the end of the 2nd half.  That's what MM was afraid JP would do.

485439[/snapback]

Lets no confuse a young mobile QB with something that pigeons roost (and do other things) on, let alone a 6"5" 250lb guy who can't hang on to a football

why not slip JP in.  His arm is better than Holcomb's and he could likely avoid the rush.  Just let him get lose and chuck one downfield.  By the way, according to MM's interview we did throw long (I must have missed it) and calling a long pass and getting sacked or having no one get open counts also.

485429[/snapback]

Mularkey said they "called" to go long. Holcomb didn't pull the trigger and probly checked off to Willis or Campbell.