USC -- #2???

KD in CA

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5021176

That's right....thanks to the braintrust that invented the BCS, USC is now the #2 team behind Texas, as a result of two of the computers that have ranked USC #4 and #5 respectively. How absurd. I guess the Trojans better start running up the score on some people. Can you imagine the computers leaping VA Tech over USC too and the undefeated, two time defending champs were shut out of the championship game?

What a clusterfug.

That's right....thanks to the braintrust that invented the BCS, USC is now the #2 team behind Texas, as a result of two of the computers that have ranked USC #4 and #5 respectively.  How absurd.  I guess the Trojans better start running up the score on some people.  Can you imagine the computers leaping VA Tech over USC too and the undefeated, two time defending champs were shut out of the championship game?

What a clusterfug.

485156[/snapback]

Sounds great to me. :angry:

That's right....thanks to the braintrust that invented the BCS, USC is now the #2 team behind Texas, as a result of two of the computers that have ranked USC #4 and #5 respectively.  How absurd.  I guess the Trojans better start running up the score on some people.  Can you imagine the computers leaping VA Tech over USC too and the undefeated, two time defending champs were shut out of the championship game?

What a clusterfug.

485156[/snapback]

USC and Texas are so far ahead, they will be 1-2 as long as they are undefeated. But the computers that have USC at 4 and 5 are a joke. However, they will jump up as they still have to play Top 25 Cal and Fresno State, and #7 UCLA. If undefeated, USC will be #1 in the BCS going into the title game.

Texas is just another page in the recent history of the Big 12- Barnstorm through that horrible conference only to get lit up in a BCS game. (See: Oklahoma). Who will Texas play in the Big 12 title game? Colorado? :w00t: Joke conference. And not only that, but they got outplayed by a questionable Ohio State team, who plays in the questionable Big 10....

I wouldnt put to much into the BCS this early. Texas' strength of schedule is going to drop while USC and Virginia Techs will rise. If they all win out, USC will be number 1 and Texas/Virginia Tech will be close for number 2. Tech plays BC Thursday followed by Miami then a date with florida state in the ACC championship game. That will be 3 Top 15 opponents. It will be very interesting to see how the BCS pans out in the future.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.