Anybody scared of Lamont Jordan?

I had a similar opinion about Jordan when he landed on the Raider's roster, figuring the Raiders made another error to compound their recent personnel gaffes. But I will say that I saw some of  his play this season and he is less one-dimensional as a runner than I thought. It appears to some degree that the switch to full-time for him has brought him a "renewed vigor" when he's running, and he's been more difficult to get two hands on than in the past.

480467[/snapback]

You will see on Sunday that Jordan is faster and stronger than Curtis Martin.

I watched the replays of CM's long runs against the Bills. Curtis looked old and tired. On one run, Troy Vincent ran him down and pushed him out with eae. Jordan probably would have broken it for a TD.

I also noticed that CM was sprung free because Bills defenders were bumping into each other on the left side. It was ugly, but not a testament to CM's skills.

Bottom Line? Jordan is a very good back who is entering, if not in his prime. Still, there is little excuse for him to run wild against us, especialy with Moss ailing.

Keeping Curtis looked like the thing to do after such a good season, but imo, he is yet another nail in the jests cap coffin. They are old, injured and screwed in a big way for this season and next.

Herm Edwards, a seemingly great guy, is untouchable, but he is a lousy coach and perhaps a worse judge of talent.

well porter is no bum. he may be #2 on that team, but he would have been the #1 guy on a lot of nfl teams.

i dont think you can "just stick clements on him".

Collins is a good deep ball thrower. so you cant just leave clements one on one with porter.

i say double team porter, and bring Melloy up in to the box. we should stop the run. we have to stop the run.

on offense, we need to just do what we did at the jets.