the experts on this board

bbills17

I think all the so-called 'experts' on this board and all the people who read their posts and just follow their lead with their heads in the sand need to get a grip and realize Donahoe and his staff are in their positions for a reason, and know a heckuva lot more about football than you do!

The constant bashing of our O-line. They played a great game on passing and rushing downs! Everything looks a lot better when you get a QB in there that can make some plays!

Everyone wanting to give up on the season 2 weeks ago and let JP start for the rest of the season. We are now in first place in the AFC East people! To give up after 4 games is complete loser mentality in my eyes, have you guys played competetive sports before?

Calling a mutiny on Lindell and many people screaming to waste a 2nd round pick on Nugent, that would have been the worst pick in Bills history.

I think all the so-called 'experts' on this board and all the people who read their posts and just follow their lead with their heads in the sand need to get a grip and realize Donahoe and his staff are in their positions for a reason, and know a heckuva lot more about football than you do!

The constant bashing of our O-line.  They played a great game on passing and rushing downs!  Everything looks a lot better when you get a QB in there that can make some plays!

Everyone wanting to give up on the season 2 weeks ago and let JP start for the rest of the season.  We are now in first place in the AFC East people!  To give up after 4 games is complete loser mentality in my eyes, have you guys played competetive sports before?

Calling a mutiny on Lindell and many people screaming to waste a 2nd round pick on Nugent, that would have been the worst pick in Bills history.

477370[/snapback]

It's definitely all-or-nothing with most posters around here. But don't pass the plate of crow around just yet. Many questions still surround this team. We beat a pretty lame Jets team. The Oak and NE games will really tell the tale of where this team is.

PTR

The constant bashing of our O-line.  They played a great game on passing and rushing downs!  Everything looks a lot better when you get a QB in there that can make some plays!

Everyone wanting to give up on the season 2 weeks ago and let JP start for the rest of the season.  We are now in first place in the AFC East people!  To give up after 4 games is complete loser mentality in my eyes, have you guys played competetive sports before?

477370[/snapback]

I'll eat crow when we make the playoffs. I'm one who thinks the season is pretty much shot with 3 losses and a brutal schedule in front of us. I'm also 5-1 picking Bills games, only because I was too optimistic about the Atlanta game.

It's definitely all-or-nothing with most posters around here.  But don't pass the plate of crow around just yet.  Many questions still surround this team.  We beat a pretty lame Jets team.  The Oak and NE games will really tell the tale of where this team is.

Remember that. Then we the Bills beat the Raiders, people will still say "it was just the Raiders." The Pats will be a test, but 2 weeks to prepare and in Patsland, and that's a tall order for ANY team.

I'll eat crow when we make the playoffs.  I'm one who thinks the season is pretty much shot with 3 losses and a brutal schedule in front of us.  I'm also 5-1 picking Bills games, only because I was too optimistic about the Atlanta game.

477378[/snapback]

That's not the point, the point is we are fully in contention, so this was the right move.

I said it once, and I'll say it again, there is NO need to play JP even if he stinks up the joint so we can 'learn' the game. Many very good QBs have learned the game from the bench. This team should play the guy that gives us the best chance to win, and that is not JP right now.

Pass that plate of crow here, I'll eat a little.

I guess we are going to the playoffs already? We beat Vinny and the Jets today and now I'm suppose to think we are an elite team? It was a great win and all but lets take this game and try to build on it.

I think Kelly Holcomb has changed this whole team in a positive direction. We were spinning our wheels with JP in at QB.

That's not the point, the point is we are fully in contention, so this was the right move.

I said it once, and I'll say it again, there is NO need to play JP even if he stinks up the joint so we can 'learn' the game.  Many very good QBs have learned the game from the bench.  This team should play the guy that gives us the best chance to win, and that is not JP right now.

477384[/snapback]

I agree with that.

Remember that.  Then we the Bills beat the Raiders, people will still say "it was just the Raiders."  The Pats will be a test, but 2 weeks to prepare and in Patsland, and that's a tall order for ANY team.

477383[/snapback]

The Oakland game is important to prove we can win on the road, but they are not an elite team. The Pats game is the BIG test to me. Win those two and I'll start thinking we are a contender. But if we lose to the Pats, that doesn't mean the season is down the drain either.

PTR

Get a grip of yourself...we beat two bad teams...

477393[/snapback]

And we would have likely lost both with JP in there.

We are in playoff contention, wake up. I'll bet you have never played a down of football in your life, because teammates would never put up with attitude like this. That is precisely why Moulds, Evans, etc spoke up about the change, they want to win.

477370[/snapback]

I think I would have been a worse draft pick, despite my non-stop motor, and great attitude! :D

The Oakland game is important to prove we can win on the road, but they are not an elite team.  The Pats game is the BIG test to me.  Win those two and I'll start thinking we are a contender.  But if we lose to the Pats, that doesn't mean the season is down the drain either.

I said this in another thread, but facing the Pats in NE after they're coming off a bye week is a tall order for ANY team, much less a team trying to still get things going. But like with the Raiders, if they lose, people will say "they're injured."

And we would have likely lost both with JP in there.

We are in playoff contention, wake up.  I'll bet you have never played a down of football in your life, because teammates would never put up with attitude like this.  That is precisely why Moulds, Evans, etc spoke up about the change, they want to win.

477405[/snapback]

Played a lot of downs - but playing armchair GM, I am just not seeing where we have alegitamate shot at being better than 9-7. Maybe that takes the division, but New England is much closer to a Superbowl team than we are. I know they looked bad today, but until we can play with the Pats, Steelers and other upper echelon teams, I just can't get jazzed for a playoff run...

Played a lot of downs - but playing armchair GM, I am just not seeing where we have alegitamate shot at being better than 9-7.  Maybe that takes the division, but New England is much closer to a Superbowl team than we are.  I know they looked bad today, but until we can play with the Pats, Steelers and other upper echelon teams, I just can't get jazzed for a playoff run...

477424[/snapback]

That's a bad attitude and I am glad I never played ball with anyone with an attitude like that. Even when our backs were against the wall he had hope. The Bills are early in the season and in first place, there's absolutely no reason NOT to be optimistic. I guess I'm the same way as a fan as a player, you always have to believe.

jeesh... the team is 3-3 and everyone's gotta take back any truthful comment we said about Donahoe and the coaching staff? You're coming off as we've turned the corner or reached the mountain top. How ridiculous. We're freaking 3-3, going to oakland while Belichick has two full weeks to prepare for us. Jimminy crix... it's a good win, but this team is a ways away from playing with the big boys like the pats, steelers, colts, eagles. I mean, really... this defense got toasted pretty good a few times on 3rd and long by a 42 year old never was, and a receiving corps that not too many teams fear. Add to that a 32 year old running back on one wheel gashing this vaunted, hyped Bills defense for 148 yards and this team has a lot of work to do. If the coaching staff is as satisfied as you are with the Bills performance thus far, then this is as good as it gets... savour it.

jeesh... the team is 3-3 and everyone's gotta take back any truthful comment we said about Donahoe and the coaching staff? You're coming off as we've turned the corner or reached the mountain top.  How ridiculous.  We're freaking 3-3, going to oakland while Belichick has two full weeks to prepare for us.  Jimminy crix... it's a good win, but this team is a ways away from playing with the big boys like the pats, steelers, colts, eagles.  I mean, really... this defense got toasted pretty good a few times on 3rd and long by a 42 year old never was, and a receiving corps that not too many teams fear.  Add to that a 32 year old running back on one wheel gashing this vaunted, hyped Bills defense for 148 yards and this team has a lot of work to do.  If the coaching staff is as satisfied as you are with the Bills performance thus far, then this is as good as it gets... savour it.

477441[/snapback]

You don't get the point, the point is hopeless people like you wanted to give up on the season after 4 weeks, just throw in the towel. That is f'ing ridiculous whether we make the playoffs or not. Why do they even play the games if you just want to give up and let us lose with JP the rest of the way?