If fate hands us a division title by season's end

SDS

I've been mullling this problem and it's a tough one.

I think it goes without saying that the quality of the board has taken a massive downturn this season. Yes the Bills play has been frustrating at times but the over the top reactions ahve become so numerous and overwhelming that it has teally made this a less pleasant place to be.

On the one hand you want to get rid of all the crap so we can have teh nicest board with the most analysis and the best atmosphere and the least jackasses. But you also have to be careful not to quash dissenting opinions or step on people who just need to vent occasionally.

So how do you find middle ground?

I've been thinking about some kind of bitchboard, or maybe a vent room. You can post there voluntarily if you want but the main purpose of it would be for the moderating team. When certain posters have developed the habit of only posting the same negative whiny bitches ad nauseum, we can start taking there broken records and putting them there. When somebody comes on and just starts yelling ridiculous nonsense about how everybody sucks and provides no analysis to support it, we can move their garbage to the bitchboard.

That way maybe if we do it skillfully enough, we can improve the quality of the main board without giving the impression that you can only post positive opinions. Negative input is welcome as long as it is fairly well-reasoned, or not repetitive to the point of crusading or isn't coming form the same exact punchbowl turds all the time. Maybe even just the knowledge that the bitchboard exists will inspire our more "dour" squeaky wheels to at least improve the quality of their complaining.

I'm going to keep cogitating on this one because I love this damnedable place and I hate to see it going to seed because a few loudmouths with no self-restraint are mistakenly convinced of their own importance.

477379[/snapback]

Excellent post and good suggestions, Simon. God forbid anyone should be happy about a Bills win or not give up on the season after six games, no matter how daunting the schedule might appear. Many teams that look invincible now are an injury away from being average or worse. Enjoy the wins folks...it feels pretty good if you give it a chance. You constant negative worriers are headed for an early grave. Lighten up.

It's an interesting threat title - "fate hands..." - you're right, this team is not good enough to make it's own fate and win, it needs fate to intevene and hand the title to them.  I love the bIlls, but come on, ths is not a superbowl contending team by any stretch....

477400[/snapback]

Hmm, why so defensive? :D

the misery that a certain set of posters inflicted on this board?  You know - the "season is over" crowd?  The "I know people use the board as a source of enjoyment, but I'm gonna take my dump right in the middle" fun bunch?

477203[/snapback]

I'd argue the Peter Pan Man as an avatar. :D