This guy should be banned from football.

Tux of Borg

absolute lunacy!!  if that was the NFL the guy would have been fined 50K, but they cant fine in college.  Does the ACC review tape like this?

473337[/snapback]

I think it is being reviewed. I kinda wish Butler was going to be playing in the game this weekend, cause FSU doesn't take that kind of crap, and our D would have made sure that he never made it off the sidelines.

Groh is one hell of an a$$ for letting that player finish the game, and even worse for not taking worse actions on it.

Fallout from the Butler cheap shot...

Down here in ACC country - people are stunned this kid is still on the team. The ACC prides itself in sportsmanship and runs PSA's during football games to promote this fact. I've never seen such a horrible display of unsportsmanship in my life.

If you like ACC college hoops... Check out this website

473130[/snapback]

seeing that play again, I love seeing how butler back peddles out of the scrum as fast as he could. Quick to lay on the cheap shot, quick to back out of trouble.

absolute lunacy!!  if that was the NFL the guy would have been fined 50K, but they cant fine in college.  Does the ACC review tape like this?

473337[/snapback]

I would think that both the ACC and the NCAA have the authority to impose a reasonable penalty.

Just another reason to have UVA. They've always been arrogant pricks.

You have to be wondering what those officials were thinking

473441[/snapback]

Like often happens, I would guess they didn't see the cheap shot. They saw the result, which was the puss getting roughed up a little. That kid should be off the team, a one game suspension is total BS and Groh should be embarassed.

Refs should have reviewed the video of the incident on the spot and tossed the kid. They are lucky that game didn't turn into a brawl.

.Just another reason to have UVA.  They've always been arrogant pricks.

473908[/snapback]

Watch it! My old man is a UVA grad, and theres nothing more embarassing than having a 65 year old man kick your a$$ in front of all your friends!! :blink:

Watch it!  My old man is a UVA grad,  and theres nothing more embarassing than having a 65 year old man kick your a$$ in front of all your friends!! :blink:

473932[/snapback]

really? How many times have you been beaten? Do you run away, or walk briskly? Is it better to get back in there and try again, or likc your wounds and suck it up?

really? How many times have you been beaten? Do you run away, or walk briskly? Is it better to get back in there and try again, or likc your wounds and suck it up?

473942[/snapback]

I was joking chico!

That was beyond cheap. That was BS and tasteless, not to mention poorly thought out. That cheapshot right there is going to haunt him for the rest of his carreer. Now, if he was heading for the NBA he would be considered the Dennis Rodman. But non-the-less, that was TERRIBLE!