Time to even the record

Adam

I think we can really pound the Jets w/the run. If we can be somewhat efficient in the passing game, I think we can win by quite a bit- Testaverde aint what he used to be, and I think we'll take the ball away quite a few times.

I think we can really pound the Jets w/the run. If we can be somewhat efficient in the passing game, I think we can win by quite a bit- Testaverde aint what he used to be, and I think we'll take the ball away quite a few times.

471277[/snapback]

The Jets defense is still good, and you know Martin will see about 30 touches. I can't see Vinny doing much but the Jets are capable of beating us based on the first two things I mentioned. It's certainly a winnable game, and is a must win if we want to make anything of our season.

The Jets defense is still good, and you know Martin will see about 30 touches. I can't see Vinny doing much but the Jets are capable of beating us based on the first two things I mentioned. It's certainly a winnable game, and is a must win if we want to make anything of our season.

471299[/snapback]

Before the Jets beat Tampa Bay in Tampa I was thinking we ought to be able to win convincingly next week. After, I gotta say it makes me a little nervous, as I do think Tampa's defense is better than ours. I wonder how the odds-makers will call it.

Here's hoping for 3-3.

I wonder how the odds-makers will call it.

Here's hoping for 3-3.

471305[/snapback]

My guess would be Bills -3.5

After the TB win the Jets have about as much creditability as the Dolphins in the Publics mind. Factor in Holcomb getting the Win and it should boost the line up a point or so from the Dolphins game.

My guess would be Bills -3.5

After the TB win the Jets have about as much creditability as the Dolphins in the Publics mind. Factor in Holcomb getting the Win and it should boost the line up a point or so from the Dolphins game.

471308[/snapback]

I always heard that the home team is always favored by 3 points - if the teams are considered "equal" (just due to being home). So if we are favored by 4 instead, it means we are being given a tiny bit of additional respect?

I always heard that the home team is always favored by 3 points - if the teams are considered "equal" (just due to being home).    So if we are favored by 4 instead, it means we are being given a tiny bit of additional respect?

471318[/snapback]

3 points is a general rule of thumb but not always the case. For a really strong home team, or public team, you might see that figure raise a little, visa versa with a weak team.

You also need to remember that the books job is not to accurately predict the outcome of the game; it's to predict what the public feels the outcome of the game will be. Public perception for both the Jets and Bills went up this weekend.

It obviously is a must win against a division opponent.

471312[/snapback]

For sure! At a bare minimum we need to win ALL our home games in division. We have not yet shown an ability to win on the road (here's hoping that changes).

I think this week's victory will give us something to build on and we will take down the Jets next weekend. Let's hope it's not a nail biter!!

Before the Jets beat Tampa Bay in Tampa I was thinking we ought to be able to win convincingly next week.  After, I gotta say it makes me a little nervous, as I do think Tampa's defense is better than ours.  I wonder how the odds-makers will call it.

Here's hoping for 3-3.

471305[/snapback]

The Jets game was in New York

The same place that they Beat Miami 3 weeks ago

We better be nervous as it is a division game ,after the way the bills played in the second half I wouldn't bank on anything....Same problems as the first 4 games....this defence plays o.k. with a lead but not to good from behind they are over rated .....Jerry Gray is a river boat gambler and vinny can still make them pay the dealer,,,,it will be another nail biter,,,if the ref had ruled that fumble down on contact the game may have gone the other way it was that close!!!!!

Before the Jets beat Tampa Bay in Tampa I was thinking we ought to be able to win convincingly next week.  After, I gotta say it makes me a little nervous, as I do think Tampa's defense is better than ours.  I wonder how the odds-makers will call it.

Here's hoping for 3-3.

471305[/snapback]

I could care less about odds making...gambling is for the birds. Not having Cadillac Williams did in the Buccs.

We have Willis MaGahee, and will win