OT

HtownBillsFan

When I try to access different sites, ESPN for example, I get a box that pops up and says that Microsoft has encountered an error and has to shut the window down. It also asks if I want to send a report to Microsoft. What the heck is this? How do I get rid/cure this problem? Help!

Sorry for the snide remark, but to cure the problem, use Mozilla or NetScape (If nothing else, it'll say 'Mozilla encountered...'.)

Seriously, if nothing else, it might prove diagnostic.

34012[/snapback]

That's not snide, that's good advice. Less security holes with Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape/Opera.

CW

When I try to access different sites, ESPN for example, I get a box that pops up and says that Microsoft has encountered an error and has to shut the window down.  It also asks if I want to send a report to Microsoft.  What the heck is this?  How do I get rid/cure this problem?  Help!

33972[/snapback]

Go to microsoft.com and download the lastest version of Internet Explorer off their website. If a file is corrupted, it will over write it with a new one.

When I try to access different sites, ESPN for example, I get a box that pops up and says that Microsoft has encountered an error and has to shut the window down.  It also asks if I want to send a report to Microsoft.  What the heck is this?  How do I get rid/cure this problem?  Help!

33972[/snapback]

I am not sure what issues you have with IE or your OS but if you want to turn off error reporting then follow the following steps.....

I am assuming you are using WinXP....

1. Click Start

2. Click Control Panel

3. Double Click on Administrative Tools

4. Double Click on Services

5. Scroll down the list of services until you find Error Reporting Service

6. Double Click on Error Reporting Service

7. On the General Tab set the startup type to disabled

8. Click on STOP to stop the service from running

9. Click on Apply then OK

From now on the error reporting will not come up.

<_<