Our TEs MIA

cale

I can't help thinking that the way the coaching staff wants this O to work, we need to get our TEs involved in pass catching as much as blocking. No one respects them in the passing attack. About damn time they earned their pay.

Charles

Give Euhus a chance. What is the point of having a tight end on the field that can't catch a pass? You might as well put an extra O-lineman out there. I was so irate when Neufeld dropped that 3rd down pass; same for Campbell when the ball bounced off his numbers. You can't play winning football and have that. How I long for the days when Jimbo would have run those guys off the team for dropping such easy passes. These guys need a fire under their a$$es - there is no excuse for dropping those passes.

i just realized you ment MIA, as in missing in action, and not Miami.

I didnt open the thread for quite a while because i thought you were talking about a dolphins TE.

33570[/snapback]

What a Fish post here? ;-) No way!

Give Euhus a chance. What is the point of having a tight end on the field that can't catch a pass? You might as well put an extra O-lineman out there. I was so irate when Neufeld dropped that 3rd down pass; same for Campbell when the ball bounced off his numbers. You can't play winning football and have that. How I long for the days when Jimbo would have run those guys off the team for dropping such easy passes. These guys need a fire under their a$$es - there is no excuse for dropping those passes.

If anyone saw the hit Neufeld took on that 3rd down pass, you might understand why he dropped it. And it wouldn't have been enough for the 1st down anyway. And don't write him off because he dropped one pass - he did really well in the preseason, especially against Tennessee. As for Campbell's drops, not sure what's up with that. He dropped a couple in the preseason too.

However, both Campbell and Neufeld blocked really well IMO in the two TE sets. Trust me, if Euhus was ready to go, the coaches would put him out there. My guess is he just isn't ready yet. And he seems a lot slower than Neufeld and Campbell IMO.

I wonder how much time the TEs spend catching passes during practice - I'm guessing they spend more time blocking.

If anyone saw the hit Neufeld took on that 3rd down pass, you might understand why he dropped it.  And it wouldn't have been enough for the 1st down anyway.  And don't write him off because he dropped one pass - he did really well in the preseason, especially against Tennessee.  As for Campbell's drops, not sure what's up with that.  He dropped a couple in the preseason too.

However, both Campbell and Neufeld blocked really well IMO in the two TE sets.  Trust me, if Euhus was ready to go, the coaches would put him out there.  My guess is he just isn't ready yet.  And he seems a lot slower than Neufeld and Campbell IMO.

I wonder how much time the TEs spend catching passes during practice - I'm guessing they spend more time blocking.

33770[/snapback]

Well that's the thing that perplexes me - why aren't they catching more passes. We have basically a scan and dump offense. Why not dump to a TE who can get some serious RAC yards. I mean our TEs are relatively athletic.

I also support the sign Byron Chamberlain movement. Couldn't be any worse and certainly could be had for a vet minimum.

C

Guest Guest_dan_*

The only position that been overlooked longer than the O-line has been the TE position. I'd be completely shocked if we got a TE involved in the gameplan.

I can't help thinking that the way the coaching staff wants this O to work, we need to get our TEs involved in pass catching as much as blocking.  No one respects them in the passing attack.  About damn time they earned their pay.

Charles

33538[/snapback]

The coaching has but to use them in the game plan. Like NE does...

I can't help thinking that the way the coaching staff wants this O to work, we need to get our TEs involved in pass catching as much as blocking.  No one respects them in the passing attack.  About damn time they earned their pay.

Charles

33538[/snapback]

I am seeing only 1 reception for all tight-ends for the first game.

That is a problem. Is Campbell supposed to be the catching TE?