How can this work out well?

Kgun5

1) The Bills win the SB this year (or at least get deep into the playoffs).

2) KH becomes the NFL's next rags-to-riches story and turns out to be a top teir QB.

What else could make this move a success? I think it's crazy, but who knows. It just seems so short-sighted to me.

Holcomb breaks his leg, in the 1st quater, JP has to go back in, and things start clicking.  Even if we don't make the playoffs it would prevent the coaches from screwing him up even more, mentally.

467081[/snapback]

I'm all for it... except for the breaking the leg part. I don't wish physical harm on Holcomb... especially that bad. How about a pulled hammie or a stubbed toe?

I'm all for it... except for the breaking the leg part.  I don't wish physical harm on Holcomb... especially that bad.  How about a pulled hammie or a stubbed toe?

467088[/snapback]

You need to have it be something where he is unavailable for 6+ weeks. Otherwise, there is still a contraversy.

Holcomb breaks his leg, in the 1st quater, JP has to go back in, and things start clicking.  Even if we don't make the playoffs it would prevent the coaches from screwing him up even more, mentally.

467081[/snapback]

How about Holcomb throws Ints on his first three throws but the D holds Miami to 2 FGs and a turnover? JP gets put back in and Holcomb's name is never mentioned again as a possible starter.

That sounds optimal.

How about Holcomb throws Ints on his first three throws but the D holds Miami to 2 FGs and a turnover?  JP gets put back in and Holcomb's name is never mentioned again as a possible starter.

That sounds optimal.

467116[/snapback]

Yeah, and when has the optimal EVER happened for us, the beleagured fans of Buffalo?

467081[/snapback]

Agreed...I'm not saying I would absolutely hate a 9-7 season and a 4-seed, one-and-done, playoff "ride", but that's what Bledsoe could have done, right?

I want a title, and unless they think it can happen this year, they should be looking forward. If this organization has ANY faith left that Losman is a first round talent, he should be in there moving toward the point in time where he can play like it.

1) The Bills win the SB this year (or at least get deep into the playoffs).

2) KH becomes the NFL's next rags-to-riches story and turns out to be a top teir QB.

What else could make this move a success?  I think it's crazy, but who knows.  It just seems so short-sighted to me.

467074[/snapback]

it is SOOOOO short sighted......the WORST case scenario is that Holcomb wins just enough to miss the playoffs at 8-8 and 9-7, similar to last season, and then we are square one in training camp again

the Giants took their lumps with Eli for a year, and now its paying off - I know its hard to justify to veteran players like Moulds who want to win now, but we have to let JP learn on the job - its the only way.....I might be in the minority, but I don't think he played bad against the Saints....the dropped balls, awful 3rd down defense and abandoning the run certainly did him no favors....

....on the plus side - think how much a win, at home, against the Bills biggest division rival, would do for JP's confidence

it is SOOOOO short sighted......the WORST case scenario is that Holcomb wins just enough to miss the playoffs at 8-8 and 9-7, similar to last season, and then we are square one in training camp again

the Giants took their lumps with Eli for a year, and now its paying off - I know its hard to justify to veteran players like Moulds who want to win now, but we have to let JP learn on the job - its the only way.....I might be in the minority, but I don't think he played bad against the Saints....the dropped balls, awful 3rd down defense and abandoning the run certainly did him no favors....

....on the plus side - think how much a win, at home, against the Bills biggest division rival, would do for JP's confidence

467134[/snapback]

I think Losman played badly against the Saints, but I also think he's played better in each game since the mess in Tampa Bay.

Keep tweaking the gameplan until you get to something he CAN handle, and then start adding complexity from there. If you have to call 10 QB draws a game to get JP going, then you do it if winning this season is so important. Hell, start running the option if you need to. They should have tried to find a crazy way to win with Losman rather than make a crazy lineup change that could stunt the organization for years to come.