WWE RAW back on USA Network tonight

I mean that under one name or another, WWE is probably funding TNA and to get it going.  Vince knows that wrestling will never be what it was without competition.  He'll give TNA what they need to slowly build a strong program that will push a rating war like they used to have with WCW.  Worst move he ever made was buying WCW out.

466355[/snapback]

TNA is run by Jeff Jarrett and his father. Vince absolutely hates Jarrett.

I saw it.  Foley can take a ridiculous amount of punishment. 

The other one that got me was Angle vs Benoit in the cage.  It was the match Angle attempted the backflip from the top of the cage and missed and Benoit landed the flying headbut from 15 feet, knowing BEFORE the match that he was going to have neck surgery within a could of weeks.

Still, nothing tops UFC for entertainment nowadays.  Damn is that good stuff.

466108[/snapback]

I only saw the highlights of the Angle/Benoit match, but those two maneuvers were included, thankfully.....Benoit has nuts of steel. I wish I could see that match start to finish.

One of the best things about Vince purchasing WCW was his acquisition of the tape library. I think he paid like 500k for it, but it's worth literally millions. Some of these videos he's put together recently - Flair, Road Warrios, Benoit, Foley - are absolutely fascinating. I've been renting the biographical portion of the programs on Netflix. The one with Benoit was really good.....the guy is one helluva hard working SOB, not just in terms of pro wrestling but also life in general. People can say what they want about pro wrestling, but these are some really interesting people. For those of us who grew up on the stuff, it's almost impossible not to be captivated by it to some degree.

I agree about the UFC, too....I'm glad it's finally gotten some mainstream attention. I love MMA competition.

I didn't see the match but I saw one of those A&E biographies once on that Foley guy.

They were reviewing what I think was that match and then showing him in the locker room afterwards; he was a complete mess. He was talking to teh guy he was wrestling and was so out of it that he was asking him if they had remembered to get out the thumbtacks they were planning to throw around the ring and roll in. Not only could he not even remember if he had used the tacks, while he's asking the guy if they had ever actually got them out, he's sitting their with about 5 dozen thumbtacks sticking out all over his body.  :blink:  :(  :D

Are you talking about Jimmy the Superfly Snuka?

That guy is still alive?!

466193[/snapback]

lol, yep, Snuka was there....live and in color :D One of the best memories I have from watching wrestling as a kid was the Superfly off the top of the steel cage coming down on top of Don Muraco.....I must have watched that finisher 20 times and showed it to fifty other people when it happened.

Still no idea what Jimmy's talking about when he speaks, but he's always been one of my favorites :)

lol, yep, Snuka was there....live and in color :blink:  One of the best memories I have from watching wrestling as a kid was the Superfly off the top of the steel cage coming down on top of Don Muraco.....I must have watched that finisher 20 times and showed it to fifty other people when it happened.

Still no idea what Jimmy's talking about when he speaks, but he's always been one of my favorites :(

466611[/snapback]

Koko B. Ware was there, with a stuffed Frankie. I kid you not.

Koko B. Ware was there, with a stuffed Frankie.  I kid you not.

466612[/snapback]

Was he really?? lol I tivo'd it and then just fast forward/watched it....I must have missed him (thankfully lol). What I thought was funny was that I apparently mistook Hillbilly Jim for One Man Gang.....either that or I didn't even see Hillbilly....I heard someone say he was in the ring when they all went geriatric on Rob Conway, but I thought I saw the One Man Gang.

he was in the backgroud...  there was a closeup of snuka or harley race and you could just see a stuffed frankie...  then they zoomed out and it was a middle aged black man...  Ware, Koko B.

466626[/snapback]

lmao......too bad I deleted it.....oh, well.

I mean that under one name or another, WWE is probably funding TNA and to get it going.  Vince knows that wrestling will never be what it was without competition.  He'll give TNA what they need to slowly build a strong program that will push a rating war like they used to have with WCW.  Worst move he ever made was buying WCW out.

466355[/snapback]

Wow dude, you're 100% wrong.