my take on the QB situation

ch19079

ok, losman is our future QB. plain and simple. he has been able to make plays with his feet, and limited his turnovers. but when i watch the games, he does not look confident in the pocket. and when he is given enough time to throw, and an open reciever, he throws the ball as if it weighs 10 pounds, and usually off target.

i dont know if Holcomb is any better, but he is a better passer, though he hasnt done jack in the few series he has had this season.

all in all, i think we should start Holcomb next week for miami. and if we win, keep holcomb in untill we are truly out of the playoff picture. BUT, if we loose, i say put losman back in, and keep him in the rest of the season. cus if we loose to miami, i really think our season is done.

this isnt like last year. our schedule doesnt get easier.

462726[/snapback]

Can't argue with any of that.

I would be willing to bet that if you asked Tom Donohoe, Mike Mularkey, Tom Clements and Sam Wyche who they thought gave them a better chance of winning the game before game one, game two, game three or game four, they would have all said Kelly Holcomb. I would have, too. That is not their strategy. JP has to play. I'm sure they expected JP to play a little better in the last three games. And they expected us to be 3-1 or 2-2 at this point because of the growing pains. But starting Losman was not only the right thing to do but the only thing to do. he is the future of the franchise. You can only learn so much on the bench. Kelly Holcomb is a stopgap starter and can only take you so far. if you were going to try to win the most games possible out of the first four, you would have kept Drew Bledsoe (although that might not have helped, and we may even still be 1-3 had DB or KH started). That is not what they're trying to do. They're getting the kid ready. I still am very confident that he is going to be a stud. But that his play will be erratic this entire year.

Now, if you asked them who they thought had a better chance of winning the most games by the end of the season, they may even say Losman. That's a much, much tougher question.

Laughs. My bad. I mixed up the two games. I was thinking Atlanta won by four TDs (they were up 30-3 until three minutes to go). Still, Tampa Bay is for real. They have an excellent defense, and they can run (even when Williams was stopped, Pittman was productive) and Griese is playing well.

463055[/snapback]

What?????

How can they be up 30-3 with three minutes to go and then only win 17-13? :lol:

What?????

How can they be up 30-3 with three minutes to go and then only win 17-13?  :lol:

463089[/snapback]

Try reading. And then posting again. It's quite clear to anyone that in that post I was talking about Atlanta being up 30-3 in the last three minutes, which they were, and that I had said I mixed up the two games from an earlier post. The Atlanta score and the Tampa Bay score.

Try reading. And then posting again. It's quite clear to anyone that in that post I was talking about Atlanta being up 30-3 in the last three minutes, which they were, and that I had said I mixed up the two games from an earlier post. The Atlanta score and the Tampa Bay score.

463100[/snapback]

Still doesn't look right to me, but I'll consider the source and move on. :lol: